Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 08-22-2019, 03:05 PM   #1
Kylesmith3021

Strong Arm Stabilzer

I have a Springdale 2980 and It has been a shaking machine this first year of ownership..We finally got sick of the rocking during the night and I purchased the camco stabilizer jacks and that has helped a bit but not totally satisfied with them.
I have been looking at the JT Strong Arm Stabilzer system and wondering if anyone has had a great experience with them..I currently just have the lippert power jack stabilzers which i think are horrible for stabilizing.Also my whole under body is covered and done understand how I would install the system
Kylesmith3021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 03:32 PM   #2
jsb5717

Yep, I'm a big fan. Had them on the previous 5er and put them on our new one. They simply do the job.
Demco Recon Hitch on RAM Puck Ball
jsb5717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 05:16 PM   #3
Nuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsb5717 View Post
Yep, I'm a big fan. Had them on the previous 5er and put them on our new one. They simply do the job.
X2 on the Strongarms! We have them on our 30ripr and wouldn't have another camper without them. I'm a big guy and before the installation, I nearly shook the wife out of bed when I walked across the kitchen floor. After installation, the movement is minimal. I would also suggest the X-chocks; we use both simultaneously and have been happy campers!
Sophie and Chloe (mini Schnauzers)
Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 06:45 PM   #4
ajk170

X3 for the strong arms. We have them on our '15 Outback 316RL. I love them and know immediately when they are not tightened. We also use the Xchocks (+2 for those!) in between the tires and think those too are a great addition. I am now also looking at adding the BAL version of the strong arms to the front end to also better tie in the front to the ground and further reduce the lateral and horizontal's motion. We won't be able to eliminate it completely but reducing it as best we can is all we can do. We also upgraded to the Torklift Revolution Glow-step that replaces the OEM stairs with a staircase that connects to the ground and eliminates the vicious movement of the entire coach anytime somebody steps on those stairs! Love those Glow-steps inconjunction with all the other stabilizing products we added!
ajk170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 04:04 AM   #5
Kylesmith3021

Put the strong arm on the front today and man did it make a difference..hardly any wiggle room in the trailer now when moving inside..Have to admit 5 hour on just the front was a little intimidating however the directions are horrible to read and I had to add a 1/4" x 6' angle iron cross member to the front..I decided to use dewalts new 3/8 x 16 tap and thread drill bit all in one on bolting the iron to the frame and it worked awesome.
Kylesmith3021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 04:54 AM   #6
jsb5717

Not sure what you're dealing with to take 5 hours but it's hard to argue with the results. You'll never get rid of all the movement but your new Strongarms will lock it down pretty well. Congrats!
Demco Recon Hitch on RAM Puck Ball
jsb5717 is offline   Reply With Quote