Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 11-07-2016, 07:19 PM   #1
LarrySharon

Location: Rainier, Oregon but my heart is still in Arizona and my wife's heart is in Oregon.
Winterizing

Went and winterized my TT (Hideout 22KBSWE 2017) today. Was going to pump RV Antifreeze through the lines, but guess what? My water pump access point is under the bed at the head. Now how is a 270 lb., 6 ft. 1 in person suppose to get to it? Stupid engineering design. There room from the outside of the bed. So I decided to use compress air method. So the job got done, just not what I planned.

Larry/Sharon Ellison
U.S. Navy Retired
Retired from Armstrong World Industries
Retired Period, But Not From Life
2007 Toyota Tundra
2017 Keystone Hideout 22KBSWE
LarrySharon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 07:59 PM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

Re: Winterizing

I feel your pain. Not as heavy but I am as tall as you. Last week had to lay in fetal position in a storage compartment at the foot of a bed and reach into a hole to change a faulty water pump. I say it time and time again... spend a month next to me and you'll be shaking your head. Keystone doesn't have the corner on frustration.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 09:20 PM   #3
1l243

You could also use the outside pump method by pumping antifreeze though the city water connection...
1l243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 10:35 AM   #4
Ken / Claudia

Larry I have had RVs that had the pump fluid thru. They had a valve inside the RV with a extra tube. Sit a 1 gal RV anti freeze on the floor. Connect the tube, turn the valve than the water pump on. I liked that way. But, the blow out way is OK also. As I found out. It takes 2 persons. As you blow the lines, the other person needs to open the toilet flush valve. If not water stays in it. It is made to crack and fail at any freeze. About 40 bucks for a new one. Easy to replace but, just opening that valve to blow water out will prevent the crack. That should also clear out all water from the toilet.
As of 05-2020, I am all done with 39 years total police work. No more uniforms for me.
Ken / Claudia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 04:44 PM   #5
spdracr39

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1l243 View Post
You could also use the outside pump method by pumping antifreeze though the city water connection...
Except that won't protect the water pump itself.
spdracr39 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
winter, winterizing