Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 07-19-2013, 04:34 PM   #1
outwest

Vantage 32FLS plumbing issue - kitchen sink drain line

Just discovered this on our Vantage 32FLS and thought I would post to alert others to check theirs for the problem.

The 32FLS has the kitchen on the slideout. As a result, they used a flexible line on the drain line from the kitchen sink (flexible plumbing line is 1.5" Uniloop Drain Hose Assembly manufactured by Flexaust). The problem, the flexible line is 2 inches too short, causing strain on the connection under the fridge/trashcan area, which results in a leak!

And, of course this was discovered right after getting it back from dealership for other warranty work

To check yours: there is a panel below trash can drawer that has two visible screws holding it in place. Remove those, run water in sink and check for drips where the flexible hose connects to the rigid drain line.

Hopefully this is an isolated incident rather than one affecting all of the 32FLS units.
outwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 11:16 AM   #2
mbrownao24

Sink drain leak in kitchen slideout

Yes, we had the very problem and discovered it just a week before our first outing. The dealer repaired it and told us it was too tightly tightened so the flex line fitting sprung a leak. The water ran from under the trash can area all the way to the bathroom and under that door. We have about 7000 miles on the "V" now and not a leak anywhere.
mbrownao24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 08:45 AM   #3
Snowball

Outwest, Thanks for the heads up.

Thanks for the heads up on the kitchen pipes. I pulled the panel and checked ours (32FLS) and all was okay. :-)
Snowball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 09:06 AM   #4
outwest

@snowball - you're welcome

@ mbrownao24 - might want to keep an eye on yours. We had ours repaired under warranty and it turns out that they didn't replace the hose (the connection end of which was damaged), they only reinstalled it and added some plumbers thread seal tape. Discovered today, when heard water running after using the kitchen sink, that instead of dripping, like it had been, it had now come completely off! Dunno how much damage there is to the flooring of the trailer. The vinyl flooring has come completely unglued along the wall, under the cabinets, so there's some damage. Hopefully the flooring structure itself isn't damaged too much.

I had a feeling I would have been better off ordering a replacement uni-loop line from trekwood.com and installing it myself, but was hoping they would perform a proper repair.

2012 Keystone Vantage 32FLS
outwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 09:14 AM   #5
frano

This weekend we had a kitchen sink drain leak in our 32FLS. When we got home and the slide was in, I noticed that the drain coupling had come loose where it goes into the main sewer drain. I know this has been a problem for others but would like to know if the fix is to reinstall or if something is too short and needs to be modified? Help!! Thanks. Fran
frano is offline   Reply With Quote