Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service & Warranty Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 10-03-2015, 08:05 AM   #1
creeker

Slides creeping

I just bought a slightly used 2015 Alpine 3536. When all the slides are in, within about 24 hours two of the slides will creep out about an inch or so. I hit the button and the slides immediately come in but will creep out again within a day. I returned the rig to the dealer and after 10 days I was told no trouble found all is OK. As soon as I drooped it off at the storage lot I noticed that two of the slides had already moved out.
The service manager then told me that this is a known problem and Lippert is working on it. Has anyone experienced this issue and if so was it a leaking system or a problem with the pump not holding the pressure of the slides and the level up?

St.Louis,Mo
2015 Ford F350 6.7
2015 Alpine 3536RE
creeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 08:28 AM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

The times I've seen it, it was the solenoid in the manifold. Replaced solenoid and all was good.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 11:55 AM   #3
bsmith0404

I had a problem with mine where the bedroom slide would come out about 6" when I raised the landing gear. I called Lippert and they suggested a manifold or Solenoid problem. I've heard of people finding small metal shavings which prevented valves from closing properly. Have also heard that air in the lines can cause this, but my experience with hydraulics was more of a hammering effect with air in the lines. I also found data that temps below 35 degrees can cause erratic operation, this appears to be the problem I was having. Obviously that isn't your problem this time of year. Have you tried shutting off the valves to those slides at your manifold to see what happens.

Not sure which dealer you're working with, but I always had good luck with the service department at Apache Village when I lived up there.

Brent
2013 Alpine 3500RE
2019 Silverado 2500HD Duramax
U.S. Air Force Retired (25 yrs)
bsmith0404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 01:29 PM   #4
creeker

I am working with Apache Village but I'm leaving for Florida in three days so they can't get me in but tell me i should be fine to travel.They just suggested i stop occasionally and hit the slide in button.
Regarding the response from chuckster57, if the solenoid is the problem would only the slides be affected? The level up seems to work fine and doesn't drop while towing or while sitting leveled.
Old 10-03-2015, 02:15 PM   #5
chuckster57
Site Team

There is a number of solenoids, so you can adjust the level up. The rooms operate from a different one.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 12:57 PM   #6
creeker

A follow up. There was one hydraulic ram leaking internally. The dealer replaced it and so far all is good!
2015 3536RE Alpine