Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 09-02-2014, 08:56 AM   #1
mavagrand

First time in our 299BH

Took her out for the long labor day weekend. We stayed at a campground in Central Florida...man it was hot. The A/C in our unit definitely got a workout and performed flawlessly. Tested all the systems, they all worked well, even the cheesy "Aussie" grill that came with the camper, although it doesn't get hot enough for anything more than hamburgers/hotdogs.
Some observations:

Definitely gonna get some sort of hook or shelf to keep the nozzle of the outdoor shower off the ground. I saw one of those suction cup hangers that is designed to mount on the side of campers, probably gonna get one of those.

The hose for the outdoor kitchen is almost too short to reach the propane connection underneath. Need to get an extension.

Other than these two minor issues, I thoroughly enjoyed the camping trip.
mavagrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 09:02 AM   #2
GaryWT

Glad it all worked out, good luck down the road.
GaryWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 06:48 PM   #3
gmc2313

congrats on the new trailer! we purchased a 2015 299bh this july and have noticed the exact same concerns. the inside refrigerator died on us the very first outing and both doors (inside screens) hang up on the door frame making it hard to open and it has gouged the heck out of the frame and door. all that aside my family and i still love it
gmc2313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 04:56 AM   #4
mavagrand

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmc2313 View Post
congrats on the new trailer! we purchased a 2015 299bh this july and have noticed the exact same concerns. the inside refrigerator died on us the very first outing and both doors (inside screens) hang up on the door frame making it hard to open and it has gouged the heck out of the frame and door. all that aside my family and i still love it
Mine is a 2015 as well. Haven't had any issues with the refrigerator or the screen doors, hope you get them fixed soon. Post how your warranty experience is.

By the way, what are you towing yours with? My TV is a 2013 Ram 1500 with the 5.7 Hemi and the 3.55 gears. Tows fine, but I haven't noticed a lot of guys pulling these larger campers with a 1500. I've ran all the weight numbers and am well within the limits of my truck.
mavagrand is offline   Reply With Quote