Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 07-19-2014, 09:14 AM   #1
x96mnn

GFI plugs not working

Our friends who camp with us have a Crossroad camper, 2013. His wife noticed before we left the campers the bathroom plug was not working and when I got back yesterday I checked it out. Not only is that plug not working, any plug labeled gfi protected does not work. There is nothing tripped in the panel, any thoughts?
x96mnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 09:19 AM   #2
Bluewater

Try to reset it again..sometimes they are hard to operate. It could be a bad GFI also...I had 2 go TU.
Bluewater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 09:21 AM   #3
Javi

Quote:
Originally Posted by x96mnn View Post
Our friends who camp with us have a Crossroad camper, 2013. His wife noticed before we left the campers the bathroom plug was not working and when I got back yesterday I checked it out. Not only is that plug not working, any plug labeled gfi protected does not work. There is nothing tripped in the panel, any thoughts?
Have you tried resetting them? If you have tripped and rest each one and they still don't work you should trip and reset the breaker in the control panel. If after that they still don't work and you have 110 to other devices and plugs then you will most likely have to start replacing each one until you find the bad one.
Javi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 10:15 AM   #4
x96mnn

I reset every breaker in the panel twice, there is only one of the plugs, which is located in the bathroom that actually has a gfi test reset on it and it does not do anything. The other plugs just have a sticker o them that states gfi protected so could it be they are wired off the one in the bathroom?
Old 07-19-2014, 10:17 AM   #5
Javi

Quote:
Originally Posted by x96mnn View Post
I reset every breaker in the panel twice, there is only one of the plugs, which is located in the bathroom that actually has a gfi test reset on it and it does not do anything. The other plugs just have a sticker o them that states gfi protected so could it be they are wired off the one in the bathroom?
Yep, replace it and while you got it out check to see if it's getting juice from the breaker.
Javi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 10:19 AM   #6
x96mnn

Thanks Javi,

I had two dilemmas today and you helped me with both! Hope to return the favour some day.

Will let you know hoe it turns out.
Old 07-19-2014, 04:26 PM   #7
hankpage
Site Team

Check your outside outlet ... you may have two GFIC circuits.
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 04:30 PM   #8
GaryWT

You tripped and rest in the panel but what about the plug itself. When you reset it did it hold or pop again? Sometime you need to do it a couple time. If it is bad, everything wired beyond it will not work until the gfi is replaced.
GaryWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 05:23 PM   #9
Dave45039

I had a similar problem the last time out. I noticed that none of the GFI sockets worked. None of them were tripped. We also found that the Microwave was dead. After checking all the breakers and not finding anything, I went outside to the pedestal and played with the beakers there without any luck. The trailer has 50 amp service and when checking the cable where it attaches to the trailer, I tightened the connection and my wife yelled that I fixed it! The microwave came on and everything else was now working. I'm not an electrician but I'm thinking one of those poles was not quite connected.

Anyway, something else to check.

Dave & Janet

2013 Cougar 333MKS
2013 GMC 2500HD 6.0L / 4.10
[/LIST]
Dave45039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 07:41 PM   #10
x96mnn

As an update, had to press the test button a few times on th gfi circuit in the bathroom and it finally clicked. Reset it and everything worked fine for a few hours and went again. Thinking there may be a water leak as the dealer repaired a black tank flush in that area and it may have water hitting it. Will keep you posted as for final fix.