Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 05-27-2014, 09:33 AM   #1
kehoe

Laredo power bumper tray issues..

Good Day all,

I have a 2010 Laredo 305TG wi the power slidout rear bumper tray. The motor that powers it did not have a grommet where the wires enter the motor head, and it got water in it etc.. I have bought another 12v 30amp motor and it will not even budge the tray.. The original motor had a slightly beefier base, and I am wondering if there is different gearing in these. There is no reduction box in between the motor and the drive shaft.. Cannot even find the original one online. (Lippert components inc, Toula industries ltd, Part no LG-6000)
Any info would be very much appreciated.

Dean
kehoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 09:51 AM   #2
hankpage
Site Team

Dean, I moved your post to the repairs and maintenance forum so you should get more exposure. Welcome to the forum and travel safely, Hank
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 11:54 AM   #3
GaryWT

Hey, welcome to the forum. Have you checked with a dealer, they can most lilely get you what you need.
GaryWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 06:01 PM   #4
kehoe

"stealer:

Hi guys,

Thanks, and yes I have checked with the dealer who wants a boat load to work on it... I also like to try to trouble shoot these things on my own if I can.. Makes me feel useful. I did manage to crank the bumper back in with a 12' cresent wrench on the square tubing of the drive shaft between the two sides.. This is likely poor repairs, as I bent it 2 yrs ago making an ill advised wide turn and meeting a no post... nuff said about that... Anyway the dealer "fixed" it, but it ran in and out sluggishly from then on... I just got an email from Lippert, and they indicate that any landing gear motor should work. I guess its a body shop, or an entire new tray..
kehoe is offline   Reply With Quote