Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 09-25-2020, 12:42 PM   #1
RocketsFuzion

Fuzion Owners

I have a 2011 Fuzion #302 I'm in West Yellowstone leaving for Western Colorado. My question is what temperatures should I be aware of before my lines start freezing? Any input guys. What's the lowest you've been in with no issues
RocketsFuzion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 02:35 PM   #2
travelin texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketsFuzion View Post
I have a 2011 Fuzion #302 I'm in West Yellowstone leaving for Western Colorado. My question is what temperatures should I be aware of before my lines start freezing? Any input guys. What's the lowest you've been in with no issues
If you're planning using it once in Colorado I'd suggest opening the low point drains & all the faucets while traveling, this will drain the lines enough that if it does freeze shouldn't hurt piping. If not using it Id recommend blowing out the lines & spend the few bucks for a gallon of rv anti freeze & winterize it.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 03:49 PM   #3
RocketsFuzion

Thanks for that. I was looking more for temperature range. I'd like to stay for a while in a couple spots. Just not sure of what my minimum temp should be
Old 09-25-2020, 07:44 PM   #4
travelin texans

I've camped in 20F with 40+ mph winds, making the wind chill damn cold, with the furnace running & had no frozen pipes, the supply hose did freeze.
If not wanting to drain or winterize I'd suggest travel with the furnace set at 55-65 degrees to keep warm air around the piping. Your rv should have one small furnace duct running into the underbelly that only gets heat from the furnace.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 08:02 PM   #5
RocketsFuzion

Jey thanks for the info. I have been keeping the heater around 58 at night and I do have an outlet in the compartment. Someone else suggested opening cabinet door also. It has only gotten to 28 for a low here and no issues. Thanks again every bit helps
Old 09-26-2020, 05:52 AM   #6
roadglide

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketsFuzion View Post
Jey thanks for the info. I have been keeping the heater around 58 at night and I do have an outlet in the compartment. Someone else suggested opening cabinet door also. It has only gotten to 28 for a low here and no issues. Thanks again every bit helps
I pull the covers off the Ac inside and insulate it with foam and all the covers on the ceiling I pull off insulate with the Foam. I also went around With can of spray foam filling any big holes I could find. Underneath where the wires come and nobody will sees that’s normally places need to be insulated. There. Tall ceilings make them harder to heat and I feel like insulating the air conditioner Vents helps heating. I also installed a wave eight heater from Camco that uses very little propane.
2018 Milwaukee 8 FLRTU roadglide glide ultra
2018 800 Z force spot BUGGY.
500 watts of solar enough power for boon docking.
roadglide is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuzion