Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Prospective Owners' Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 02-25-2023, 02:52 PM   #1
grizwilson

2023 Keystone Arcadia Super Lite 293SLRD vs KEYSTONE COUGAR 24RDS

Looking at 5th wheels to up grade. Two different dealers both less than a hour away. One has 23 KEYSTONE COUGAR 24RDS the other 2023 Keystone Arcadia Super Lite 293SLRD have not viewed the Arcadia in person but online they appear nearly the same? Prices close. Can someone guide me in the difference? Thanks
grizwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2023, 06:07 PM   #2
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizwilson View Post
Looking at 5th wheels to up grade. Two different dealers both less than a hour away. One has 23 KEYSTONE COUGAR 24RDS the other 2023 Keystone Arcadia Super Lite 293SLRD have not viewed the Arcadia in person but online they appear nearly the same? Prices close. Can someone guide me in the difference? Thanks
Looking at the specs it looks like Ford Crown Victory vs Mercury Marquis. Basically the same rigs but different name plates. Weights are nearly identical; only thing I saw is one or two more optional items available on the Cougar. Suggest the one you want is the one you can get the better deal on. Before signing look at the PDI checklist somewhere on this site and make sure you go over everything prior to signing so they will feel more on the hook to fix it quickly to move the unit.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2023, 06:38 PM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

The most notable difference, at least for me, is the Cougar "forces you to accept In-Command" while the Arcadia does not come with that "feature"...

If you want a "similar floorplan without In-Command and with "old fashioned manual switches", the Arcadia may be your choice...

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2023, 06:27 PM   #4
LuckyDog22

For a would be purchaser looking at the Arcadia I’m wondering what disadvantage the iN Command you refer to is. I thought it was a mobile app like Ford Pass.

Also it appears Cougar has water heater vs tankless. We put tankless in our house and couldn’t be happier. I found the sofa bed in Arcadia is wider and there’s no end table storage, but the Cougar has no utensils drawers by the stove. WTH? Maybe the matterport thing is goofy. I really want the fold up desk in the Arcadia also. And I like the white cabinetry a lot. I’m so over dark wood.
LuckyDog22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2023, 03:39 AM   #5
grizwilson

As with any new Rv there have been “things” to deal with. The incomand worked swell for 1.5 trips been a no show since, for the app operation still performs fine on key pad. Loved it with app. The tankless water heater.....adapting BUT pia first trip campground only had 38# water pressure tankless requires 40#. Work around fill tank and use pump. Pulse of pump shuts down, work around set temp at 98 and use only hot water side, still some cold shots. I would prefer a tank. The long hot showers the sales folks described impossible unless you have a sewer hook up holding tank would fill.
grizwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2023, 01:15 PM   #6
LuckyDog22

Actually it seems both are tankless.
My biggest issue is the storage in the Cougar galley. I’m accustomed to having drawers to hold utensils, trivets and potholders near the stove. I’m not big on crocks of stuff. I hate counter clutter and things that need to be washed because they are sitting on a counter. I just remodeled my kitchen and there are only drawers except one very large two door cabinet with pullouts that hold ceramic and glass bakeware. I have 11 drawers. I cannot imagine having none. I’m not expecting a galley that compares to a $50K reno, but I like efficiency and logical storage. Silverware and the like need drawers. As for the rest of the items I’m not too concerned.
LuckyDog22 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cougar, keystone