Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Odds 'n Ends
Click Here to Login

Old 02-07-2023, 10:04 AM   #1
mskeyspirate

Water pump ?

We have a 15 Keystone passport and want to order a new water pump, you know....just in case. My problem ? Where is it and how do you access it ? A friend of mine told me that it's just behind the wall on the opposite side of the entry door inside of the pass through. He also said that there is no access and i'd need to cut a hole in the pass through wall to get to it ? I know that someone here will know. No info in the owners info packet.
mskeyspirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2023, 10:42 AM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

Stand in the center of your trailer, facing the front. You'll see the bed mounted on the front wall of the trailer. On each side is a night stand with a wardrobe closet above it. Focus on the top of the left night stand. That's the one on the roadside of the trailer. The top of that night stand has an extended top and is covered with carpet. There are 4 or 6 screws that attach the top to the base. Remove those screws and the top will "swing up" revealing the water pump and plumbing.

There is NO NEED to cut a hole in the passthrough wall. Doing so will just damage your trailer and provide another means for mice to enter the trailer.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2023, 11:39 AM   #3
GlasNav

Lift the bed to fully access the pump cover which should be directly adjacent to the external water connection. Some instances, the cover is simply held in place by the carpet and the carpet acts like a hinge. Grasp the edge of the cover at what appears to be a seam and lift. You should now be looking down at your pump!
GlasNav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2023, 03:06 PM   #4
dutchmensport

My Springdale and my Outback, both had a front bedroom with the head board on the front cap. That meant both sides of the bed had those built in night stands. As stated above, on the drivers side of the trailer beside the bed adjacent the night stand area is a smaller bump out (box). In both my trailers, the water pump was located inside that box area. As stated above, both were accessed by removing screws buried in the carpet on the top. I had really fish around and pull carpet fibers to find all the screws. I got them removed and the top lifted right off. I never put the screws back in place for easier access going forward. The carpet held the top on just fine. The screw heads will NOT be a Philips head screw, it will be a "Robertson" screw head. It takes a square shaft pointed screw driver or socket style for a ratchet to unscrew it.

Robertson Screw Driver, click here.

Tags
water, water pump