Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Odds 'n Ends
Click Here to Login

Old 01-24-2023, 10:39 AM   #1
macktruk

Looking for parts for heavy duty trucks

Does anyone knows what is the best place to find aftermarket parts for a heavy duty truck online?

I've been searching online for a while and haven't been able to find a definitive answer. Some people say that the best place to find parts for a heavy duty truck is on the manufacturer's website, while others say that the best place to find aftermarket parts for a heavy duty truck is on online forums. I'm not sure which option is the best, but I would recommend researching both options before making a decision.

These are some of the providers that I am evaluating atm:

Also, I understand that one of the cons of buying aftermarket parts is that they are of a lowest quality than OEM, is that correct?
macktruk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2023, 01:11 PM   #2
jsb5717

I guess it depends on the parts. I do my research as to what brand of part I want...often OEM is preferred. Then I shop Amazon and eBay. There are some parts that seem to be OEM dealer only, which usually costs more, but I'd rather pay more than risk a problem in the middle of nowhere using a cheap, aftermarket substitute. YMMV.
Demco Recon Hitch on RAM Puck Ball
jsb5717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2023, 03:00 PM   #3
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by macktruk View Post
Does anyone knows what is the best place to find aftermarket parts for a heavy duty truck online?

I've been searching online for a while and haven't been able to find a definitive answer. Some people say that the best place to find parts for a heavy duty truck is on the manufacturer's website, while others say that the best place to find aftermarket parts for a heavy duty truck is on online forums. I'm not sure which option is the best, but I would recommend researching both options before making a decision.

- akmicorp.com
- www.truckcomponentsonline.com
- mrtruckparts.com

Also, I understand that one of the cons of buying aftermarket parts is that they are of a lowest quality than OEM, is that correct?
Question begs some clarifications... what model truck? I have a Ford and hang out at the Ford truck forums when I need ideas on stuff to buy. It is a lot different buying floormats than a new turbo or front end parts.
Here are some I look at if info on parts is needed:

Fordtruckfanatics.com
ford-trucks.com
powesstroke.org

It also makes a lot of sense to put together a signature with year, make and model of your truck and same for your camper because when you ask a question, the answers will likely have more context. If you don't have a Ford, there are similar sites for all the other brands.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2023, 03:45 PM   #4
Badbart56

https://www.rushtruckcenters.com/

We do a lot of business with these folks. As far as I know they can work on anything.

2010 FZ 405

2011 F350 6.7 Dually w/Banks Power making 510 hp and 1065 ft/lbs torque
Badbart56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2023, 09:30 PM   #5
markdol1

Hi bud, How heavey a truck are we talkin about f350 or bulldog mac?There are a lot of great aftermarket goodies to be had .To be perfectly honest i find most oem parts to be crap like most trucks being made today. The reason you want to upgrade is because you want a better product than what you have and aftermarket companies know that,Thats why they exist to begin with. I just replaced my ram 3500 factory hitch with a heavy duty curt Class 5.No comparison. Let us know exactly what you want and i am sure the good folks here will steer you in the right direction.Its alot easier to get feedback from thousands of people the spend hours looking up stuff yourself!
markdol1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2023, 06:06 PM   #6
Alpine Custom Upgrade

No Specifics

Quote:

Sounds to me like a vague conversation starter post. I call BS. I need a part for my camper. Anyone know where to get that part?
2012 Freightliner M2 112 2L Conversions
450HP Detroit DD13 1,650 torque,
Allison 4000 automatic, 4.30 gear
Alpine Custom Upgrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2023, 05:42 AM   #7
jasin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine Custom Upgrade View Post
Sounds to me like a vague conversation starter post. I call BS. I need a part for my camper. Anyone know where to get that part?
seemed “fishy” (phishy)..to me as well because originally there was links in the post to other websites that were taken down …i wouldn’t click on those and never send someone your email address unless they have established themselves as “good people” on the forum and your sure it’s that person requesting it.

i’ve seen a few sales related posts that were disguised as keystone related questions to steer you to a product or website.
Old 01-27-2023, 04:33 AM   #8
Weldon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasin1 View Post
seemed “fishy” to me as well because originally there was links in the post to other websites that were taken down …i wouldn’t click on those and never send someone your email address unless they have established themselves as “good people” on the forum and your sure it’s that person requesting it.

i’ve seen a few sales related posts that were disguised as keystone related questions to steer you to a product or website.
At work we have extensive training on fishing and other scams. Red flags were going off in my head when I saw this one. Is it possible this was legit?
Sure. Maybe sliightly off, but possibly no harm intended. However...New user. Question that doesn't really fit. External links. No follow-up from New member after creating 2 threads within 5 mins. Etc, etc. 1 + 2 + 3 = Run Far Away.
Weldon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2023, 12:18 PM   #9
Rock7

Heavy Duty trk parts.

Have had luck in past. LMN Truck parts .com They claim all makes and models. Have also used Gino’s Garage. com. Cummings , Ga. For Dodge snd Ram parts
Rock7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2023, 04:25 PM   #10
wiredgeorge

The original poster signed off one minute after posting and claiming location is "US" doesn't make sense. I do know some folks are wary of sharing information but heck, a state at least? I suspect the OP will be a never more heard type. BTW: The original post seems to have links that have since been removed; we can probably figure out why.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2023, 07:34 PM   #11
chuckster57
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiredgeorge View Post
The original poster signed off one minute after posting and claiming location is "US" doesn't make sense. I do know some folks are wary of sharing information but heck, a state at least? I suspect the OP will be a never more heard type. BTW: The original post seems to have links that have since been removed; we can probably figure out why.
And to think we were losing you to YouTube, one member is one too many.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2023, 05:55 AM   #12
macktruk

Thanks for the tips!
macktruk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2023, 07:35 AM   #13
Mr Mojo

Quote:

A friend of mine owns a NAPA store (actually three of them) and tells me that a lot of OEM and aftermarket parts are made in the same factory and when they get to the end of the line, some parts go in OEM boxes and the others into the aftermarket other name brand box.