Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service & Warranty Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 06-16-2017, 10:51 AM   #1
K_N_L

2017 Fuzion 325 - General QA issues

First off, so far we really like this camper. We purchased a 2017 Fuzion 325 X edition back in March this year. Previously we had a 2011 Fuzion 290 TT toyhauler and were very happy with it overall and wanted to stay with a Fuzion. I expect that with a camper there will be things that you have to fix, just like a boat, its just part of the pay to play thing. However there have been a few items on this unit where the quality assurance team definitely missed, and thought I would share.

1) the black and gray tanks dump handles were backwards in the access panel, had to peel labels off and replace them in proper order
2) the generation and aux gas tanks were labeled backwards as well. I had a lot of fun recirculating gas in the aux tank before I looked underneath and traced the hoses. The tanks are reversed from my 2011 unit.
3) Shower caulking, looked ok till I took a shower and had a lot of water roll on to the floor. Easy fix with more clear caulk.
4) the plastic trim that covers the screws that hold the metal track that bridges the roof membrane to fiberglass cap, (technical term there), it seems to shrink a bit and popped up at the edge near the drip rail. Had to redo the screw and put a bit RTV under it to hold it down.

All of these were easy fixes, I read about #1 on this forum so I went looking for it. As the dealer is an hour away, I wouldn't tow it up there an wait days or longer for them to run a bead of caulk.

Now on the other hand there where a couple of items we noted on the PDI that we had to work with Keystone on. The kitchen backsplash was missing a few tiles over a 4x6 inch area where it came loose during shipment. After many calls between the dealer / factory, we received a replacement sheet of tiles this week and filled in the hole and have enough spare should it any others come loose.

Also, all 2017 X-editions came standard with a list of 'options', 1 of which was 2 z-gravity chairs. Ours were no were no where to be found when we looked at it pre-purchase. Sales guy said he would have them shipped direct from Keystone to us. Well - not so fast... It seems that Keystone needed a form approved by the dealer so to prevent fraud, right? Else everyone would just have them shipping stuff out. So after about 2 months now, and the wife had very copious notes on everyone she spoke to about this both at the dealer and at Keystone, we are assured they would ship out this week. I have to think either the chair never made out of the factory or that items like that tend to fall off the back of the truck a lot.

That said, everything else about the camper we really like. It was the last run of the 325 model, which we had always liked and fit our needs. We've been on 2 trips so far and have about 30-35 more days planned this summer.

So am I being overly retentive or accepting of issues? As this is my first 'NEW' camper I'm not familiar with how others do on the the shakedown runs. Didnt realize this post would be so long so if it's TLDR I understand.

Kevin -n- Lisa
17 Fuzion 325 / 15 Chevy 3500 HC DRW
06 HD Ultra Classic
K_N_L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 11:17 AM   #2
Beechjr

Have 2016 325, same issue with tank labels [emoji20],black tank sensor did not work, wire was off at sensor. So far everything else has been great, hopefully it stays that way [emoji41]Been out 10 times, worked of generator twice [emoji106]very happy [emoji4] so far.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Donny and Lori Beech
2005 Chevy 6.6 3500
2016 Fuzion 325
Crawfordville Fl
Beechjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 11:29 AM   #3
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

to The Forum From Western PA

Congrats on your new Fuzion !! Enjoy !!! Sounds like you are ready to roll

Be Safe and Happy Camping
Reese 20K; Carlisle Radial Trail RH/HD; TPMS (12 Tires)

Veteran

PSU (GO LIONS)
PARAPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 11:30 AM   #4
ctbruce
Site Team | Emeritus

Welcome to the forum from Kansas City, MO! Enjoy your new rig!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
2017 Silverado 3500HD SRW
ctbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 11:38 AM   #5
dcg9381

Keystone is famous for mis-labeling the tanks...
dcg9381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 11:39 AM   #6
K_N_L

Thanks for the welcome - I've read a lot of threads / and learned quite a bit. In most cases, you know you're not the first one to have that problem.

Kevin -n- Lisa
06 HD Ultra Classic
Old 06-19-2017, 06:13 PM   #7
Aorobie

A quick note on those chairs....we have the 2017 381 Fuzion XPackage that included the chairs you mentioned. Ours are headed for the trash can...uncomfortable and have a mind of their own. Anyhow give them a try hope they work out for ya and enjoy your new rig
Aorobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 01:39 PM   #8
Chevrolise

Have you had any issue with the fridge? Our 2016 325 with the norcold double has quit on us twice. Turn it off over night and it comes back on. So of course it works for the dealer. It has power, no fault code. Appears to be running fine, compressor just won't fire up.

16 Chevy 3500 diesel
16 Fuzion 325
CanAm Spyder, Yamaha Grizzly
Kymco mxu 500i, 2 grandsons
way too many Kayaks
Chevrolise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 01:45 PM   #9
K_N_L

I did adjust the right refrigerator door hinge slightly to get it latch completely. But thankfully no other issues, we fire it up a couple of days ahead of trip normally but with the way our camping schedule is lately we have left it running during the week. I do have some frost building in the freezer likely due to a air leak but it is not to bad yet.

Kevin -n- Lisa
06 HD Ultra Classic
Old 05-31-2023, 01:23 AM   #10
PNW78

We also have a 325 and had the same labeling issue for the black/grey tanks, gas tanks and also the winterizing/water connections. Thinking they should have pictures in the owners manuals. Frustrating. Our rear awning won't work but other than that all is as should be. We lived in ours for a year after a house fire but now use it for camping!
PNW78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2023, 06:32 AM   #11
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNW78 View Post
We also have a 325 and had the same labeling issue for the black/grey tanks, gas tanks and also the winterizing/water connections. Thinking they should have pictures in the owners manuals. Frustrating. Our rear awning won't work but other than that all is as should be. We lived in ours for a year after a house fire but now use it for camping!

Just so you are aware this thread is almost 6 years old...
sourdough is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
general, fuzion