Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Tow Vehicles
Click Here to Login

Old 10-07-2022, 07:48 PM   #21
bsmith0404

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybouy View Post
Like I said, you can have them, I doubt that you'll have to stand in line to get any of those salt water "treasures".
If there were any rare finds, I’d be happy to get them. Any hot rider knows there are some amazing cars around that were rescued from some dismal graves. Sometimes you just need to appreciate what’s there to see the potential. Some people do, some people don’t. We obviously fall on two different sides of that fence.
bsmith0404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2022, 08:02 PM   #22
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsmith0404 View Post
If there were any rare finds, I’d be happy to get them. Any hot rider knows there are some amazing cars around that were rescued from some dismal graves. Sometimes you just need to appreciate what’s there to see the potential. Some people do, some people don’t. We obviously fall on two different sides of that fence.
It's OK to have different opinions. If I were in need or want with no money maybe I'd have a different opinion. When I was working my time was more valuable to me. I did a cost analysis on most everything I went to do. If a tool cost &150 and it would save me an hour then I bought it. If I had to work a week to get that $150 then it wouldn't be worth it to me. To each their own, that's why I said in my opinion.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2022, 08:39 PM   #23
bsmith0404

Quote:
It's OK to have different opinions. If I were in need or want with no money maybe I'd have a different opinion. When I was working my time was more valuable to me. I did a cost analysis on most everything I went to do. If a tool cost &150 and it would save me an hour then I bought it. If I had to work a week to get that $150 then it wouldn't be worth it to me. To each their own, that's why I said in my opinion.
Everything has a value., just depends on the person what that value is. There are a lot of things I pay to have done because it’s not worth my time/effort to do it. When it comes to cars, I rarely pay for anything, it’s my therapy. I’ve built race cars, trucks, jeeps, corvettes, you name it. I don’t like buying things like crate motors because half the enjoyment is building it myself. I’m currently waiting for my daughter to get tired of her old V6 camaro I bought her so I can tear it down and do a V8 swap with a 6 speed. I’m sure there’s a lot of other types of things that I throw away that someone else would love to have. As they say, one persons junk is another’s treasure.
Old 10-08-2022, 03:55 AM   #24
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Everything has a value., just depends on the person what that value is. There are a lot of things I pay to have done because it’s not worth my time/effort to do it. When it comes to cars, I rarely pay for anything, it’s my therapy. I’ve built race cars, trucks, jeeps, corvettes, you name it. I don’t like buying things like crate motors because half the enjoyment is building it myself. I’m currently waiting for my daughter to get tired of her old V6 camaro I bought her so I can tear it down and do a V8 swap with a 6 speed. I’m sure there’s a lot of other types of things that I throw away that someone else would love to have. As they say, one persons junk is another’s treasure.
And that's great, for you. I don't understand why you want to continue to defend a position that I don't subscribe to. No amount of bantering back will change my mind. If you simply want to enguage in a back and forth "I know what you are but what am I" then I'll end this conversation as it's not adding any value.
Old 10-08-2022, 04:44 AM   #25
wiredgeorge

Quote:
And that's great, for you. I don't understand why you want to continue to defend a position that I don't subscribe to. No amount of bantering back will change my mind. If you simply want to enguage in a back and forth "I know what you are but what am I" then I'll end this conversation as it's not adding any value.
And to think I was scolded recently for posting pictures of old motorcycles I owned. These threads can get off track, can't they?
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2022, 05:07 AM   #26
jasin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiredgeorge View Post
And to think I was scolded recently for posting pictures of old motorcycles I owned. These threads can get off track, can't they?
i take full responsibility for that George…will try and keep them at least in sight of the path we are on
Old 10-08-2022, 06:12 AM   #27
bsmith0404

Quote:
Actually I was agreeing with your point that value is basically in the eye of the beholder. You mentioned the wrench being worth buying to save an hour unless you had to work a week to get the money to pay for it. So your point of view changes based on circumstances. I agreed saying that I don’t mind putting the time into recovering something that has been damaged because I enjoy it. Similar to someone else picking up something that I threw out by the street. It was junk to me, but had value to them. No different than someone looking at an old run down house and saying it should be bulldozed, but another person buys it and puts in the time, effort, and money to restore it. My original comment was that there are parts that can be salvaged from flooded cars, you said they’re junk and weren’t salvageable. They are, it’s just that YOU have no desire to put in the effort to do so.

We’ll just have to agree to disagree…Again.
Old 10-08-2022, 06:40 AM   #28
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Actually I was agreeing with your point that value is basically in the eye of the beholder. You mentioned the wrench being worth buying to save an hour unless you had to work a week to get the money to pay for it. So your point of view changes based on circumstances. I agreed saying that I don’t mind putting the time into recovering something that has been damaged because I enjoy it. Similar to someone else picking up something that I threw out by the street. It was junk to me, but had value to them. No different than someone looking at an old run down house and saying it should be bulldozed, but another person buys it and puts in the time, effort, and money to restore it. My original comment was that there are parts that can be salvaged from flooded cars, you said they’re junk and weren’t salvageable. They are, it’s just that YOU have no desire to put in the effort to do so.

We’ll just have to agree to disagree…Again.
How about we stop this childish bantering. If you just have to have the last word then that's fine, but just repeating the same thing over and over is counter productive.
Old 10-08-2022, 07:08 AM   #29
JRTJH
Site Team

Getting back to the topic, "GAS VEHICLE BANS", Ford recently announced a $5000 price increase for the F150 Lightning MSRP. They cited "supply chain issues" as the primary cause for the increase. Seems as gas vehicles are "banned" and electric vehicles increase beyond the "affordability" of the average car buyer, more and more of us "poor folk" will be forced to either walk, peddle or ride public transportation.....

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a4...0Non%20Openers

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2022, 08:15 AM   #30
bsmith0404

I wonder what supply chain they’re referring to. The one that supplies parts for them to build the EV or the recent announcement that some OPEC countries are going to cut back on oil production. Seems perfect timing to add an extra $5k to the price of an EV right when gas price increases are the scare of the day.
Old 10-08-2022, 10:50 AM   #31
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
Getting back to the topic, "GAS VEHICLE BANS", Ford recently announced a $5000 price increase for the F150 Lightning MSRP. They cited "supply chain issues" as the primary cause for the increase. Seems as gas vehicles are "banned" and electric vehicles increase beyond the "affordability" of the average car buyer, more and more of us "poor folk" will be forced to either walk, peddle or ride public transportation.....

What was an eye opener was the article implied heavy duty and commercial may still be able to use fossil fuels. With today's technology and infrastructure I don't see electric 1/2 tons as something worth discussing given the limitations on range.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2022, 11:02 AM   #32
jasin1

i noticed that jeep and Ram 1500 both have 2023 as the last model year for diesel….i believe New York is following California on the ban as well
Old 10-08-2022, 06:14 PM   #33
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post

Maybe it's a coincidence ( generally speaking I don't belive in them) but seems to that every time the government announces x amount of $$ in tax credits for EVs the price increases by x plus a little more.
Old 10-11-2022, 08:14 AM   #34
hawghauler

You guys remember the nicotine vaporizers they came out with 5 yrs or so back ? Remember when the inbred cheeseheads with no understanding of ohms law were having them explode in their faces ?

Those were lithium ion batteries just like an ev but much much smaller

Now let's get Karen an ev Karen has 9 dirty martinis and heads home Karen now collides with school bus thus mangling her teensy little ev now the fun starts the battery is damaged a short occurs so guess what your Dead now Karen you can't come back and you took 30 innocent kids with you

But hey she saved the planet
hawghauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2022, 01:46 PM   #35
gearhead

I wonder what a small block Chevy 383 long block will be worth in 10 years? Find a 1980 pickup to put in.
Rob liquor stores to buy gas?
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4 LB Cabover
2023 CanAm Defender SXS
gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2022, 02:05 PM   #36
sourdough
Site Team

We all may be back in the oilfields trying to scrounge up drip gas like they did in the 50s. Course if they shut all the wells down don't suppose there would be any drip....ah, won't happen in my lifetime...
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2022, 06:06 PM   #37
markdol1

Gavin newsome can kiss my *** and state toopers can chase my cummins powered rig all the way to the border. EV trucks are USELESS. Hook up a 5ver and see how far you can go!
markdol1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2022, 06:13 PM   #38
bsmith0404

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead View Post
I wonder what a small block Chevy 383 long block will be worth in 10 years? Find a 1980 pickup to put in.
Rob liquor stores to buy gas?
Ten years? Heck, the old school small block is getting hard to find now. I used to have 8-10 small blocks sitting in my garage back in the 80s, that’d be a gold mine today. 305s and 350s aren’t too bad to find yet, but a 400 is becoming a rare animal.
Old 11-02-2022, 11:26 AM   #39
WDPatterson

Quote:
I wonder what supply chain they’re referring to. The one that supplies parts for them to build the EV or the recent announcement that some OPEC countries are going to cut back on oil production. Seems perfect timing to add an extra $5k to the price of an EV right when gas price increases are the scare of the day.
It's all related. Create a reason for a solution.
WDPatterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2022, 11:27 AM   #40
WDPatterson

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawghauler View Post
You guys remember the nicotine vaporizers they came out with 5 yrs or so back ? Remember when the inbred cheeseheads with no understanding of ohms law were having them explode in their faces ?

Those were lithium ion batteries just like an ev but much much smaller

Now let's get Karen an ev Karen has 9 dirty martinis and heads home Karen now collides with school bus thus mangling her teensy little ev now the fun starts the battery is damaged a short occurs so guess what your Dead now Karen you can't come back and you took 30 innocent kids with you

But hey she saved the planet
That's a very plausible scenario, too.
WDPatterson is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gas