Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 03-19-2023, 02:42 PM   #1
Demde

Question 24RKPR rear kitchen range hood

Has anyone installed a vented range hood in their rear kitchen? I’ve got a 2020 Keystone Bullet 24rpkr with the range and hood in the center of the rear wall of my trailer. It is one of the “take the smoke and recirculate it throughout the trailer” models that came from the factory. Furion model. I want to exhaust it to the outside but am concerned that there might be a stud right there in the middle. Help?
Demde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2023, 07:05 PM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

Welcome to the forum.

As for "cutting a 8.5x3" hole in the "center" of the rear wall on a Keystone trailer, I have not yet encountered a rear wall on any Keystone with a FILON rear hanging panel that doesn't have either a 2x2 wood or a 2x2 aluminum stud "dead center" on the rear wall. The exception to that is floorplans with a large rear window on the rear wall....

So, do some careful measuring and some "very detailed exploring" before you start cutting the rear wall.

Now, if your current range hood is "slightly off-center" then you should be able to avoid that "center stud"... And, yes, there are several brands of "RV Venting Range Hoods" on the market. Most any RV dealership, Amazon and EBay all have access to get what you need.

Here's one 20" rear ducted range hood with a 12 volt fan and light: https://www.amazon.com/Black-Rear-Du...3-786e4cdc8f10

You'll also need a square adapter duct extension and the outside "flap closure vent"....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2023, 03:47 PM   #3
Gemde

Hey, brother! We may be Passport GT owners next week!
Gemde is offline   Reply With Quote