Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 03-14-2023, 05:35 PM   #21
chuckster57
Site Team

Each jack will probably have 2 sets of connectors, one is the power to the motor and the other will be the “Hall effect” sensors.

I’m not sure if the jack will even operate without both being connected, that’s a question for tech support. I do know there is support framing running from side to side to support the mounting of the jacks.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2023, 05:48 PM   #22
Firefighter1406

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster57 View Post
Each jack will probably have 2 sets of connectors, one is the power to the motor and the other will be the “Hall effect” sensors.

I’m not sure if the jack will even operate without both being connected, that’s a question for tech support. I do know there is support framing running from side to side to support the mounting of the jacks.
I noticed that. I did mess around with them already a bit and they do power up and down no problem without the other wiring plugged it. Just reverse polarization for coming back down.
Firefighter1406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2023, 05:50 PM   #23
sourdough
Site Team

Ahh! 4 makes a lot of difference but don't know if it's good or what.

Just thinking from the hip; you could use them like stabilizers after you level the trailer (l/r the f/b) and put them down as it sounds like you are implying. That would work and be more stable since the stabilizers do have some play. I've not used that kind of leveler so don't know how sturdy or firm they are.

Like stabilizers those leveling jacks would still probably need to be "tightened" from time to time as they settle. I would hesitate to use them individually on the corners to level the trailer by themselves. As has been discussed, if the trailer wasn't built for it (frame etc.) it might cause problems. They would probably work if used right but don't know if they would be any better than the Strongarms/Bal Lockarms on the stabilizers - and probably considerably more work.

You got those for CHEAP and don't blame you for wanting to try to use them. If you have the time and expertise you could try them. Heck, if they aren't better than the stabilizers put the Strongarms on them.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2023, 08:49 AM   #24
Mr Mojo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefighter1406 View Post
I appreciate the heads up and all the info. Guess I need to get down and dirty and do more research. You would think this would be easy but apparently not.
I've (hopefully) attached two pictures, one of my front leveling jack and one of the rear, you can compare to what you have and see, The pictures are not that great, but there is a part number listed.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210821_141714397.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	204.0 KB
ID:	43301   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210821_141700071.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	188.8 KB
ID:	43302  
Old 03-19-2023, 10:53 AM   #25
Nitehawk

I have the same leveling system. I installed the system a couplenof years ago and they are great. Took mw the better part of a day . They add about 150lbs to your trailer and yoi need the co trol center to go with it.
This sysstem is strong enought to lift my trailer off the ground,so be careful. Lippert can help you and will seel you any part you are missing from the wires to tje computer
Nitehawk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jack