Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 02-17-2023, 07:46 PM   #21
chuckster57
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcatrp View Post
Keystone sent the same plate as was already mounted. Even though the idiots at my dealer didn’t verify it worked, it’s still keystone and the fridge manufacturer issue. How the hell is this my issue? After reading other posts of keystone owners having bigger issues than mine and keystone not covering warranty coverage, seems keystone is not a good RV company to do business with and will tell everyone I know or meet to stay away from this company. Anyways, thanks to everyone who replied. Already looking at my next upgrade and sure as hell will not be keystone.
I wish you all the best. I wouldn’t buy another brand from your current dealer with the same employees. I hope you find a perfect RV that doesn’t need even an incompetent tech to even look at it.

When you find it please let me know so I can get a job there.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2023, 04:11 AM   #22
jasin1

Quote:
Keystone sent the same plate as was already mounted. Even though the idiots at my dealer didn’t verify it worked, it’s still keystone and the fridge manufacturer issue. How the hell is this my issue? After reading other posts of keystone owners having bigger issues than mine and keystone not covering warranty coverage, seems keystone is not a good RV company to do business with and will tell everyone I know or meet to stay away from this company. Anyways, thanks to everyone who replied. Already looking at my next upgrade and sure as hell will not be keystone.
so you have had three keystones rvs over the years? …two were great trailers apparently and one (your newest) had a few issues that were missed by your dealer at PDI.
The dealer and keystone agrees to fix all of the issues and your dealer messes up one of the repairs ( a relatively minor one) and now you are telling everyone you talk to to stay away from Keystone? and not the dealer?
i couldn’t imagine the amount of patience i’d need to deal with calls like this and still be able to keep my job…hats off to keystone customer service for maintaining their composure.For me life is too short to worry about a couple of extra screw holes on a refrigerator and it’s starting to look like you joined the keystone forum and started commenting on warranty threads just to bash keystone and not really contribute anything helpful

(Elkhart Indiana)( Grand design and Jayco quietly praying you don’t pick them as a replacement lol)
Old 02-19-2023, 04:21 PM   #23
MN Roger

Keystone, as well as the majority of other manufacturers are all too quick to deny warranty issues. The best you can do is petition your dealer to fix the problem and deal with Keystone themselves to collect for parts and labor. Good luck.
MN Roger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2023, 04:28 PM   #24
chuckster57
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN Roger View Post
Keystone, as well as the majority of other manufacturers are all too quick to deny warranty issues. The best you can do is petition your dealer to fix the problem and deal with Keystone themselves to collect for parts and labor. Good luck.
That’s not going to happen IMO. First off you’re asking the dealer to pay for parts that may or may NOT be covered, and then you want them to do the repair FREE on the hopes that Keystone reimburses them?

Kind of like taking your truck in because the transmission failed and hoping the dealership will cover the costs and then ask the manufacturer to reimburse.

To my knowledge, pretty much every RV dealer, And auto dealer have a process that involves submitting a claim, waiting for approval and then doing the repair once the parts arrive.

I do know that the “failed” part has to be returned and if it’s determined by the factory that the part wasn’t bad the dealership is on the hook for the entire cost.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2023, 05:25 PM   #25
Bearcatrp
Gone Traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasin1 View Post
so you have had three keystones rvs over the years? …two were great trailers apparently and one (your newest) had a few issues that were missed by your dealer at PDI.
The dealer and keystone agrees to fix all of the issues and your dealer messes up one of the repairs ( a relatively minor one) and now you are telling everyone you talk to to stay away from Keystone? and not the dealer?
i couldn’t imagine the amount of patience i’d need to deal with calls like this and still be able to keep my job…hats off to keystone customer service for maintaining their composure.For me life is too short to worry about a couple of extra screw holes on a refrigerator and it’s starting to look like you joined the keystone forum and started commenting on warranty threads just to bash keystone and not really contribute anything helpful

(Elkhart Indiana)( Grand design and Jayco quietly praying you don’t pick them as a replacement lol)
You sound like a paid employee of keystone here to discredit anyone who bashes keystone. Knock yourself out attacking anyone who complains about keystone. I’m not the only one who has a beef with keystone from reading multiple forums on the numerous complaints of keystone customers not getting warranted work done.
Bearcatrp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2023, 05:39 PM   #26
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
You sound like a paid employee of keystone here to discredit anyone who bashes keystone. Knock yourself out attacking anyone who complains about keystone. I’m not the only one who has a beef with keystone from reading multiple forums on the numerous complaints of keystone customers not getting warranted work done.
Brian needs nobody to defend his honor, but look at it "through our eyes" and maybe you'll get a little more understanding of this forum's membership and the purpose of the community.

YOU are here telling us how terrible Keystone is.

WE already have as much or more "time with Keystone" than you do.

YOU are lecturing us about what we should do to "damage Keystone"

WE are using our trailers to enjoy travel and camping, having already "conquered the problems you can't seem to climb over"

YOU are lecturing without listening. If you'd listen a little, maybe you'd find a solution to your problems. For the most part, "they ain't Keystone", but you've go to hear that and so far haven't stopped talking long enough to listen to the advice being given....

WE just get tired of being "lectured to by the disgruntled" who can't seem to find the shining light of enjoyment with what they have.....

YMMV, hopefully you'll get to the end of your tunnel sooner or later.... We all, for the most part, already have arrived there. If you make it through your tunnel, we've got the campfire going and the "skeeters ain't too bad"....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2023, 05:44 PM   #27
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:

The purpose of the forum is not to "bash" Keystone or any other product. You have stated your unhappiness and unwillingness to listen to Keystone or others - multiple times. That's fine but it's time to let it go - take control of your situation. Community rules prohibit using the forum to "bash" the manufacturer, using it as a venue to grind an axe. Please read them and adhere to them.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2023, 06:04 PM   #28
MN Roger

Yeah, it does work, providing your RV (or truck) has been outright denied while under warranty. Speaking from experience.
MN Roger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2023, 06:11 PM   #29
jasin1

Quote:
listen …we all have our own issues and problems…but we all have or have had rvs that let us get out and see the country.that is what is important imo

you clearly stated that you will tell everyone about your experience…well it seems like that’s why you joined the forum this month….If you want help with a problem then your in the right place,people will jump in and research and help in any way they can but that’s IF you want a solution… want to know the best way YOU can fix your refrigerator? someone will help…if your just here to moan and complain then well…that gets old real quick

i’ve often said to my family … “don’t just complain,try and find something positive to say and do…figure it out….if you were in a lifeboat in the middle of the ocean with dwindling provisions would you be the first person thrown out??”

oh and welcome to the forum…if you have any other questions or advice for members we’d love to hear it
Old 02-19-2023, 06:30 PM   #30
vampress_me

Quote:
Congratulations. You found sites/ posts on problems with keystone campers. Have you bothered looking at any of the other brand sites and seen their problems? Although, wait a minute. If you plan on getting rid of your Cougar for another brand, please don’t go looking. Then you will end up keeping your Cougar and we won’t hear the end of it. Honestly? Grow up. Put your big boy pants on, and try putting the crappy MN passive-aggressive attitude away when dealing with your dealer and keystone. Because if you treat them the way you talk down to people on this site who just like to help others who want it, you will lead a miserable life as far as your camper is concerned.

2019 F-350 diesel 4x4 CC LB DRW, not the mom taxi anymore...
2021 Alliance Paradigm 340RL
2016 F-350 diesel 4x4 CC LB SRW, mom taxi - sold
2014 Cougar XLite 28RDB - sold
vampress_me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2023, 05:55 AM   #31
flybouy
Site Team

Been following this thread but have stayed silent thus far. We've all seen folks join, complain about their issues and then become argumentative or even combative. Makes me ponder how they interact with the dealer and or Keystone........
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2023, 08:33 AM   #32
rlh1957

After warranty repairs are solved or ignored & declined I urge everyone I come in contact with to learn RV maintenance issues.
Learn your RV from Forum, You-Tube videos.
Every RV model not the same, but the principles of operation and safety are the same.
Fellow campers with similar types love to talk about their rig. Even a disimilar rig can offer much insight into the rig.

I never had 1st month warranty issues and after that i decided that driving 1-1/2 hours to a dealer service and told to leave it where it sits weeks or month in work backlog or parts delivery.
They tell you to unload personal items as they aren’t responsible.

My time and access to my rig is more valuable than that.

I’m proud tge be able to troubleshoot, fix or replace anything with my rig.
I try to help others that seem stuck.

2020 Cougar Half Ton 29RKS Fifth Wheel
2019 F350 4WD Lariat SRW 6.7 Diesel SD
Anderson Ultimate 5th Hitch - JT Strongarm TST509 TPMS- 2200W(8)Solar Panels - 800AH BattleBorn Batteries. 3000W Victron MultiPlus II Inv. SoftStartRV on 2 AC’s - Predator 3500 generator Airlift 5000 bags
rlh1957 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
repairs, warranty