Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Freeways & Byways
Click Here to Login

Old 06-08-2022, 12:01 AM   #41
Fish-a-Palooza

Just experienced it today. Towing in the slow lane at 60mph (the speed limit in Washington state for vehicles in tandem) and instead of getting up to highway speed to merge I would guess average merging speed to be 50mph. had to hit my brakes continually to accommodate people who were evidently in the restroom when merging was being taught in school. How's that for a 1st post. Glad to be here, learning a lot!

2022 Montana 3231CK, 12770 lb GVWR, 3910 lb Cargo
2020 F350 FX4, Crew, 8 ft, SRW, 6.7L, 10 Spd TX, 4177 lb P/L, 22K 5er towing, Anderson Ultimate Hitch.
Fish-a-Palooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2022, 06:51 PM   #42
gearhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish-a-Palooza View Post
Just experienced it today. Towing in the slow lane at 60mph (the speed limit in Washington state for vehicles in tandem) and instead of getting up to highway speed to merge I would guess average merging speed to be 50mph. had to hit my brakes continually to accommodate people who were evidently in the restroom when merging was being taught in school. How's that for a 1st post. Glad to be here, learning a lot!
Great 1st post. You'll fit right in here.
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4 LB Cabover
2023 CanAm Defender SXS
gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2022, 09:27 AM   #43
hawghauler

I'm in PA these cheesebrains stop at yield signs out here too drives me bat**** crazy I seriously want to follow them home and slap the taste out of their mouths

Hate to say it but the world needs something to cleanse the gene pool
hawghauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2022, 10:04 AM   #44
wrvond

You try to raise your kids to be the best they can be. You care for them and try to guide them down the right path.
My youngest, now 24 years old and on his own came away with three axioms, or words to live by.
Of all the things I tried to teach him over the years, here's what stuck:

1. if you ain't cheatin' you ain't competin'
2. if you ain't lyin' you ain't tryin'
3. merge is a verb, you can't commit a verb sitting still

wrvond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2022, 01:25 PM   #45
travelin texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish-a-Palooza View Post
That's just one of the driving rules that Washinton state drivers missed out on learning during class, which apparently there isn't one.
I'd drive through Houston any day of the week & twice on Sunday rather than drive I-5 in Seattle, not sure anyone their could pass a driving test in ANY other state, except the 1 finger wave part & they're VERY VERY versed in that!
I know it's not the way you're supposed to do it, but when towing through big cities I used the middle or 2nd from the right to avoid all the idiots that didn't know how to merge into the traffic or the other idiots that had to dart in front to immediately hit the brakes to exit......and will continue to use that lane until someone with a badge tells me I can't.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2022, 01:51 PM   #46
bsmith0404

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin texans View Post
That's just one of the driving rules that Washinton state drivers missed out on learning during class, which apparently there isn't one.
I'd drive through Houston any day of the week & twice on Sunday rather than drive I-5 in Seattle, not sure anyone their could pass a driving test in ANY other state, except the 1 finger wave part & they're VERY VERY versed in that!
I know it's not the way you're supposed to do it, but when towing through big cities I used the middle or 2nd from the right to avoid all the idiots that didn't know how to merge into the traffic or the other idiots that had to dart in front to immediately hit the brakes to exit......and will continue to use that lane until someone with a badge tells me I can't.
Been running the second lane for years for exactly that reason. Too many idiots to deal with in the right lane
bsmith0404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2022, 01:55 PM   #47
chuckster57
Site Team

I repeat….154 Db train horns

Full air tank yields 14 seconds of full volume.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2023, 07:12 AM   #48
jasin1

this guy filming purposely sped up to cause a situation so he could have something to post on the interwebs…all the comments pointed the finger back at the guy op filming as the idiot…it’s amazing how many people film themselves doing stupid things and have no self awareness that they are actually the problem https://www.reddit.com/r/IdiotsInCar...youre_merging/
Old 02-10-2023, 07:20 AM   #49
sourdough
Site Team

The guy doing the filming was 100% the cause. The guy with the trailer did everything he could short of stopping to give him warning - he tried to cause the situation.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2023, 01:11 PM   #50
rhagfo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasin1 View Post
this guy filming purposely sped up to cause a situation so he could have something to post on the interwebs…all the comments pointed the finger back at the guy op filming as the idiot…it’s amazing how many people film themselves doing stupid things and have no self awareness that they are actually the problem https://www.reddit.com/r/IdiotsInCar...youre_merging/
100% the guy filming issue, damn near tagged the rear of the trailer trying to prove his point.
Visit and enjoy Oregon State Parks
rhagfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2023, 01:28 PM   #51
Max23

Indecision caused the whole thing. The indecision of the person filming it. He at first slows down as if he is going to let the guy over, I to would have been, hey thanks, here I come. Then all of a sudden he decides to speed back up!! WTH???
And he is blaming the other guy?? Wow.
Max23 is offline   Reply With Quote