Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 09-29-2020, 02:49 AM   #1
colouiss651

Unhappy 7.3 Leveling System issue

I have a 2018 298RE. I had no problems with my Auto leveling system until last trip when I went to reconnect to my truck. Upon starting the Auto Reconnect process, the stabilizers (all 6) retracted properly, but the tongue jack did not respond. The message said Auto level complete. I moved to tongue jack mode and the extend/retract buttons were unresponsive. I restarted the system a couple of times. Tried it on full battery and electric hookup. Still no response. At one point, I got a message that said the tongue jack mode is disabled. All other electrical features work properly. Reconnected with manual override Anyone with similar experience or solutions?
colouiss651 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 06:15 AM   #2
Mr Turtle 1949

colouiss651
Did your problem with the leveling system get resolved? I am own the road and am having trouble with my BAL system.
Mr Turtle 1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2023, 09:46 AM   #3
Outbacker335CG

MIne is acting the same way. Did you figure out anything?
Outbacker335CG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2023, 10:23 AM   #4
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outbacker335CG View Post
MIne is acting the same way. Did you figure out anything?
The member who posted the problem, colouiss651 was last active on the forum in October, 2021. You are the second member to ask him for an update, Mr Turtle 1949 asked for any updates on his problem in October 2020. The OP didn't respond to that request in the year he was active after it was made, chances are very good that he won't "return to the forum to answer your request".....

colouiss651 has not responded to two requests for an update. You might get better, more timely results by starting your own thread, giving all the information you can about your trailer, the problems you're having, what you've done to attempt repairs and the current status of "your trailer". The more information you provide, the better, more accurate responses you'll receive.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2023, 04:56 PM   #5
Mr Turtle 1949

Not sure if two people requested my experience with the BAL leveling system. See below for the reply.

Is your problem in the touch screen, sadly the touch screens don't hold up in real life use.

Example: (my opinion) our touch screen is on the side of the TT behind a door panel and summer heat might have caused the touch screen to fail.

I contacted a tech from the manufacturer of the BAL system and the above comment was given.

For a minor $450 you can order one. My replacement was under warranty so it cost me $100.

The tech (a young man) that put the new unit in said the touch screen has trouble responding to old hands

He could get my old unit to work with his 'young' hands. (I am 73 )

Hope that explanation helps

Mr Turtle (Richard)
Old 04-13-2023, 05:27 AM   #6
akupesky

Tongue Jack

I too am having the same problem. Did the new screen resolve the problem?
akupesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2023, 12:13 PM   #7
Mr Turtle 1949

Quote:
Originally Posted by akupesky View Post
I too am having the same problem. Did the new screen resolve the problem?
Yes, the new touch screen works fine; the problem is how long it will hold up in summer heat. It went through sub-zero temp this winter so I will see how it does as the summer warms up.

Tags
leveling