Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 07-06-2022, 05:41 PM   #1
15hdsglide

Raptor 423 Fuel Pump

I’m the second owner of a 2021 Raptor 423. First owner never used the fuel station. I put gas in the tank for the first time this week. Pump will run but will not pump any fuel. Just wondering if anyone else has had the same problem. Thanks in advance for some help!!!
15hdsglide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2022, 07:36 AM   #2
Essvar

Quote:
Originally Posted by 15hdsglide View Post
I’m the second owner of a 2021 Raptor 423. First owner never used the fuel station. I put gas in the tank for the first time this week. Pump will run but will not pump any fuel. Just wondering if anyone else has had the same problem. Thanks in advance for some help!!!

To eliminate a variable. the 423 has 2 onboard fuel tanks. 1 for the generator and 1 for the transfer pump. The transfer pump will not pump from the generator tank, only the transfer tank.

If you filled the transfer tank and it still won't pump I'd look for a priming issue with the pump.
Essvar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2022, 07:51 AM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

Several years ago, the pump gears were made of a "phenolic material" that swelled when exposed to gasoline. The "swelled gears" would bind and cause a drag inside the pump. That would blow the fuse causing the system to not function. Some people noted that the fuse wouldn't blow immediately, rather the pump would stop working an the fuse would blow "only after several seconds of holding the handle"...

I'm not sure if Keystone may have "reinvented that same wheel" with the current supply chain problems, but you might do some troubleshooting on the actual pump to make sure it's really "turning to pump fuel" rather than "binding when you squeeze the pump handle and nothing happens".....

And, as stated, one tank is for the generator, you can't pump from that tank with the fuel nozzle. Some members have reported that the tanks were "not properly identified" and they were filling the generator tank, not the pump nozzle tank...

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2022, 09:37 AM   #4
15hdsglide

Update on fuel pump: I had gas in the correct tank 😂. Fixed the problem by drilling new holes and remounting the pump at a different angle because of it being mounted in a manner that had the intake hose kinked.
15hdsglide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2022, 09:39 AM   #5
Essvar

Quote:
Originally Posted by 15hdsglide View Post
Update on fuel pump: I had gas in the correct tank 😂. Fixed the problem by drilling new holes and remounting the pump at a different angle because of it being mounted in a manner that had the intake hose kinked.

Thanks for the update, glad it was something simple
Old 08-24-2022, 11:25 AM   #6
ken2491

Which one is the generator tank? The front or rear filler location... I have a 425ts Raptor
ken2491 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2022, 01:44 PM   #7
P & T

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken2491 View Post
Which one is the generator tank? The front or rear filler location... I have a 425ts Raptor
My Raptor 429 is mislabeled from the factory. The front goes to the generator and the rear is for the toys. Best to get down and see where the fuel line to/from the generator goes.
NV is home but SD is where I'll be.
P & T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2022, 07:15 AM   #8
Essvar

Quote:
Originally Posted by P & T View Post
My Raptor 429 is mislabeled from the factory. The front goes to the generator and the rear is for the toys. Best to get down and see where the fuel line to/from the generator goes.

This is the standard setup. Front tank is for the generator and the rear tank is for the transfer pump.
Old 08-25-2022, 08:05 AM   #9
travelin texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Essvar View Post
This is the standard setup. Front tank is for the generator and the rear tank is for the transfer pump.
As long as Bubba at the factory plumbed that way!!!
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2022, 06:27 AM   #10
JedMichele

Just found the exact same issue on my 352. Finding quite a few quality control issues.
JedMichele is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuel, raptor