Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campgrounds & Destinations
Click Here to Login

Old 02-15-2013, 07:13 PM   #1
Jagzz4

Camp Gulf- Destin, FL

Anyone stayed here? I am planning a trip to take my family there for a full week and was wondering if anyone has stayed there and could provide some insights. This would be our first beech camping as we are fom Arkansas. I have two kids and it looks like a lot of activities for kids.
Jagzz4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 07:40 PM   #2
chartrand

Never stayed there, but WOW does it look nice. I think I would like to stay there, out on the beach looked awesome!! Did the prices look a little high? I've never camped in Florida, and maybe this is a normal rate, it just looked a bit high to me.
chartrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 07:51 PM   #3
Jagzz4

It is pricey though when you look at the amenities compared to condos and beach homes it's cheaper. Plus we get to stay in our cozy Laredo!
Jagzz4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 05:19 AM   #4
Lack of HP

camping on the gulf

We have stayed there 2 times. Really enjoyed both times. First time was during spring break. A little loud with the party time. Second time was great. Took awhile to get all of the fine white sand out. Great view and relaxing.
It is expensive, but not compared to condo's and motels. The great thing I like is I don't have to worry about BED BUGS sleeping in my own bed.

Hope you enjoy,, Happy Kamping, Joe
Lack of HP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 07:11 AM   #5
Outbackmel

Hey Destin bound

Love Destin. Just a suggestion. Look at Henderson Beach State Park just up the road. Hard to get a reservation. Go on line to Florida State Parks and check it out. We booked there for last week in July. Half the price, more "camping" enviornment. Sites tucked into mangrove areas. Beautiful! Play area for kids. BIG park. Great for bicycling. Same beautiful white sand beach. Has a tram.
Air conditioned bath houses. Close to shopping and other fun stuff to do.
Very family oriented. No traffic. Beach is on property, BUT, a lengthy walk or wait for tram. All part of the experience. We are camping with grandkids, ages 4 and 6. Cannot wait.
Water and electric only. Sewer dump station. We find that on beach vacations, we wash kids 90% of the time with outside showers. Memories are built from experiences. Good luck and enjoy.
Outbackmel is offline   Reply With Quote