Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 01-02-2013, 02:43 PM   #1
CRUZIN 2

6 point level up system

I would like some replies on the 6 point level up system. We have a Alpine 3535RE 2013 and it has the 6 point level up system. This is the best rig we have had, we really enjoy it very much, here comes the but, every thing is rock solid but not the back (living room) it has some side to side movement which I don't like. What can be done to prevent this??

LARRY & LAVONNE HUMMEL
Full-Timer
GMC Sierra 3500 DRW D/A Denali 2011
ALPINE 2013 3535RE
CRUZIN 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 04:23 PM   #2
sandy43

I have the 6 point level-system and really like it. Not sure I can answer your question, but I've had no problem with side to side movement, not that I'm aware of. I have noticed during fairly cold weather that the hydraulics are slow and the real jacks sometimes stops during auto-leveling. When this happens, I go to manual leveling and continue to extend the rear jacks until level shows on the screen. Retracting is no problem. Perhaps (maybe) your rear jacks are not holding pressure, which could cause your side to side movement. Was this a problem during warm weather? If not, just manually play with the rear jacks. If it's always done this, I'd call Lippert, they've been good to work with and helped me understand what all the functions can and cannot do. I've told you all I know. Good luck.

sandy43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:56 PM   #3
stlucia

We get a little side to side and front and back movement. I would like to tell you that it only happens at night, but the facts remain that we have two boys that are active! Wrestling, shooting nerf guns, screaming at X-Box, etc.

Honestly though, the movement we have is minimal and I love our 6 point leveling system. The above poster seems to be much more knowledgable on this subject than I. To give you a reference point, we live in Texas and if/when the temp drops into the 40's down here, it doesn't stay for long. So, the cold may have some negative effect on the performance of the system.
stlucia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 04:58 PM   #4
BRAPOM

are you using any supports under your slide outs? I aslo have the 6 point system in a raptor velocity 365 and have found that the added supports under the main slide out helps with stability.
BRAPOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 08:57 AM   #5
CRUZIN 2

To all who have replied so far, I may be over exaggerating the side to side movement, its more of a side to side vibration, but I still don't like that.

LARRY & LAVONNE HUMMEL
Full-Timer
ALPINE 2013 3535RE
Old 01-04-2013, 09:11 AM   #6
fzsilverado

I have a Fuzion 375 w/6 point leveling, the only time I have notice a side to side or front to back motion is when I do not put leveling blocks under each leg. I have contributed the motion to the footprint of the trailer legs and the condition of the ground. Something else i would suggest, I am sure you are doing this, but before you use the auto-leveling try and find that almost level spot, to which that might help, JM2C.
Old 01-04-2013, 10:48 AM   #7
mikell

Shouldn't put support under the slides they are not made to take the stress that way. Several post about that
mikell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 02:44 PM   #8
mhs4771

You might try Manual Mode after auto level, and bump up all the jacks just a little more to take additional weight off the suspension, because if you did find that perfectly level spot, the auto level may stop before taking much weight off the suspension, allowing for additional movement.. Also it depends on how much over hang you have behind the rear jacks.
2011 Chevy Silverado 3500HD Ext Cab LT DRW Duramax/Allison pulling a 2012 SOB (still Thor, but not a Keystone), Dual ACs, 4 Door Fridge, Fireplace, Sleep Number Bed, Level-Up Auto Levelers, Disc Brakes, Winegard DirecTV SlimLine Auto Dish, Onan 5.5K, Splendide Combo Washer/Dryer, GY G114s on HiSpec 17.5 wheels, TrailAir Tri-Glide Pin Box, Mor/ryde IS.

Michelle & Ann Sullivan and 4 American Shorthairs
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 06:18 PM   #9
CRUZIN 2

When we park on soft ground we always use blocks, and the hydraulic is working great. I'm looking at using something like strut stabilizers on the back cylinders too see if it will help.
Keep all ideas coming, and Thanks for all the help.

LARRY & LAVONNE HUMMEL
Full-Timer
ALPINE 2013 3535RE
Old 01-07-2013, 11:17 PM   #10
mazboy123

6 point system

love our 6 point leveling system. if you are having issues call lippert and talk to customer service.
mazboy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 08:14 PM   #11
Mac-2

I too have the six point leveling. The rear most support is just behind the wheels which means the rear extends quite some distance behind this and you will feel the sway from side to side. I made a rear stabilizer that I use after leveling. It consists of two 3 foot pieces of 3/4" conduit with ends pinched flat that I place against the frame at the very back. Then I attach two pieces of chain between the ends at ground level and pull them together with a turn-buckel just enough to tighten them up without lifting the trailer. I could post pictures if you are interrested.
Shih Tzu - Marley
Mac-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 06:32 AM   #12
CRUZIN 2

Mac-2

Yes we all would like some pic's.
THANKS FOR YOUR REPLY.

LARRY & LAVONNE HUMMEL
Full-Timer
ALPINE 2013 3535RE
Old 09-16-2013, 05:52 PM   #13
rdrunr

We got a low battery message when trying to use the leveling system.

Our brand new Raptor 332 TS 6 point leveling system actually gave us the "low battery" message when we got home from camping and tried to level yesterday. Our camper was plugged in all week and all weekend. We drive home maybe 10 miles from the campground and when we tried to level, it worked for a bit, raised it off the truck but before it was done, gave us that message. We then plugged the camper into power and it finished leveling. Why would a 3 week old camper with new batteries do such a thing? VERY frustrating!
rdrunr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 06:09 PM   #14
Cnc_hemi

Leveling

I noticed that from the factory my rig wasn't calibrated level. We didn't make any trips before I fixed it but try and manually level it and zero set your level. I used a 2' level in side on the counters and floor. Here is an instruction manual there is also a you tibe vid out there as well. Hope this helps. http://www.lci1.com/OwnersManuals/Le...pAutomatic.pdf
Cnc_hemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 06:12 PM   #15
Cnc_hemi

Lube

Also lippert told me this is very important lube the jack rods.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	88.5 KB
ID:	4157  
Cnc_hemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 05:25 AM   #16
Drew Waller

Low Batteries

My batteries were no good when I picked my new unit up. I jnust thought they were weak because they hadn't been fully charged, I had to plug my truck in for a while to lift the rig onto my truck hitch. After charging for a couple of days when I got home they still didn't have enough power to lift the rig. The dealer replaced them with 2 new batteries and everything has been working great. I think here in Ohio, up next to Lake Erie you really have to have a good charge on the batteries before storing outside in the winter cold or have a battery tender hooked to them to make it through the winter.

2015 Chevy Crew Cab 3500
Duramax/Allison Tran.
2013 Raptor 332 Toy Hauler
TrailAir Tri-Glide
2 Honda ATV's for climbing
mountains & getting muddy.
Traveling Partners: Dozer & Zeus
Drew Waller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 05:12 PM   #17
rdrunr

Exide battery was no good

I put in a different battery that I had and all troubles went away.
rdrunr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 08:54 PM   #18
LZScout

I had a slightly different issue today. When retracting the rear (4) supports, they stopped when about half way up. After a few seconds, I could then retract some more, then one would stop again. It was like an overload circuit would cut the power to the pump, it would reset, then would function again. I checked battery charge on the panel and it was fully charged (2 GDP 24 batteries). It was in the low 40's (F) outside. Is it the cold causing this?

Sent from my iPhone

2012 F-350 SRW Lariat Supercrew 4X4 6.7L Diesel
2013 Keystone Alpine 3250RL
LZScout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 05:51 AM   #19
JRTJH
Site Team

LZScout,

It could be the cold, but I'd suspect that it's one of the 30Amp DC auto-reset fuses. There should be 2 (or 3 or more) at or near the DC distribution system. There may be a couple more located where the battery terminals initially enter the RV power system. Usually those are within 2 or 3 feet of the batteries.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 06:02 AM   #20
LZScout

I took it into the dealer to have some "end of first season" warrantee work done. I told them about this issue as well.

Sent from my iPhone

2012 F-350 SRW Lariat Supercrew 4X4 6.7L Diesel
2013 Keystone Alpine 3250RL
LZScout is offline   Reply With Quote