Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Tow Vehicles
Click Here to Login

Old 02-12-2022, 10:17 AM   #21
lestahhh

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
You do NOT have a signature, even though you've "created one" several times....

When you create your signature, you have to scroll down to the bottom of that page and click on the "SAVE SIGNATURE" button, then you have go back and set your options to show the signature. You do that by clicking on "EDIT OPTIONS" (located right under the "EDIT SIGNATURE" tab, and then scroll down to THREAD DISPLAY OPTIONS and check the box that says, "SHOW SIGNATURES". You might also want to click, "SHOW AVATARS" and/or "SHOW IMAGES"... Again, scroll to the bottom of the page and click on "SAVE CHANGES"....

Yeah, I know, complicated, but if you don't tell the software what to do, it sits there, "growing mold" just like a wet trailer floor.....
I checked and all those checked boxes are checked. Idk why my signature is not displaying still. Maybe because I post through mobile?
Old 02-12-2022, 10:19 AM   #22
Skillet173

It's there now. You've done it!!!

Got tired of "fighting stupid" (LEO) after 27 years and retired.
Active MX rider/racer, parent, sponsor, mechanic, transporter, and race fan for my son.
Skillet173 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2022, 10:23 AM   #23
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by lestahhh View Post
Hi everyone.

Sorry for late reply. First of all, I DO have a signature! I have no idea why it doesn't show! I'm attaching a screenshot to prove that!

I can afford it bc my income is very good and I plan on paying the truck much sooner than the loan terms. I hate paying interests but at the same time I hate tying up my cash right away and bc of things in my life right now I rather not use up cash.

I plan on keeping this truck forever! Maybe hand it down to my son when he's of age. That's what I meant by at least 15 years. I'm very good about routine and preventive maintenance.

Someone mentioned certified pre-owned, I asked and they responded that they can't because they're a Nissan dealership, and it's a Ram truck.

I'm on my way right now to a CarMax for an appraisal.

Regarding my question on the wheels, it happens when trying to leave from a stopped position such as from a parking space or trying to make a turn. When I turned the wheels all the way it didn't cruise while idling. Someone mentioned it happens to their 4x4, and this truck is a 4x4. So maybe it is normal.

I hope I added more information to those who had questions. Thank you again and I really appreciate feedback.

On the surface I wouldn't give that worry a 2nd thought. There are a lot of variables to that; it's 4x4 - full time? Part time? That can have a lot to do with it. I just checked my truck (in my signature) and idling with wheels turned to lock in either direction it WILL move albeit slowly. I run 285x60R 20 tires (OE), what are yours?

My 4x4 system is part time, dial activated. Even when the xfer case is disengaged (for 4x4) turning sharp will make it jump, shudder and feel funny. This is a 1 ton but it did it on my last 3/4 ton as well.

It's a 2020 model and already traded in....I wonder why? Wonder if there is something you need to worry about and they won't give you a warranty? The reason I wonder about that is a prior experience; bought my DD and SIL a vehicle one year from a dealer, and salesman, I trusted. It was a "program" car, low miles and I had to wait for it to get to the dealership so I spoke for it. It arrived, they vouched for it since for all they knew it was a low mile program car; I drove it. Felt a little squirrely to me and they said it was alignment, tire pressure or ?? and they would fix it. I told them I wanted to take it to the house to look it over so I did. Jacked it up and crawled under it (it sat too low to look under it). What did I find? The front suspension had sustained damage at some point and there was a fresh weld. That was that and it went back. They didn't know it but..... All that to advise I think the issue is probably nothing but check and be sure.
sourdough is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2022, 11:35 AM   #24
jasin1

Let us know what carmax says..I’m curious. Also do your own carfax report on the truck …dealers sometimes have there own brand of carfax but I would do my own research. Just type your vin in and pay the fee..it’s 39.99 but I would think it’s worth it buying used
Old 02-12-2022, 12:22 PM   #25
lestahhh

Sourdough - the 4x4 is part time. It has 4x2, 4x4 low, and 4x4 high. I hope that's what you meant. I want to take it to meineke or some similar shop to get it checked at. I've been busy all day so I hope I have some time. I'd like to make the purchase today since I have to travel tonight back home (4 hours) and be back tomorrow morning so I figured that'd be a good test drive. Dealer salesman said they have a 30 day warranty. I'll ask for more clarification what that entails before anything.

I just did the Carfax and everything checks out.
Old 02-12-2022, 12:32 PM   #26
jasin1

Call any Ram dealer in the area and ask what you would have to do to transfer the factory warranty..it is transferable to the second owner but you need to fill out a form and pay a transfer fee…. If the prior owner just traded it to the Nissan dealer they my ask the prior owner to sign off the form for you..it couldn’t hurt to ask…I bought a used dodge back in the 80s with 6000 miles and they didn’t tell me all I had to do was pay a small fee and have the coverage ..it has to be handled by a Ram dealer. Also your Nissan dealer is probably part of a larger auto group that has a Ram or dodge dealer…they probably are just taking the easy way out
Old 02-12-2022, 12:58 PM   #27
lestahhh

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasin1 View Post
Call any Ram dealer in the area and ask what you would have to do to transfer the factory warranty..it is transferable to the second owner but you need to fill out a form and pay a transfer fee…. If the prior owner just traded it to the Nissan dealer they my ask the prior owner to sign off the form for you..it couldn’t hurt to ask…I bought a used dodge back in the 80s with 6000 miles and they didn’t tell me all I had to do was pay a small fee and have the coverage ..it has to be handled by a Ram dealer. Also your Nissan dealer is probably part of a larger auto group that has a Ram or dodge dealer…they probably are just taking the easy way out
Can you expand on this? According to the Carfax they were already two owners. So how does that equate into transfer?
Old 02-12-2022, 01:00 PM   #28
jasin1

Quote:
Can you expand on this? According to the Carfax they were already two owners. So how does that equate into transfer?
Yikes…two owners already ? .. you may be out of luck then …I’d pick up the phone and call any Ram dealer and ask
Old 02-12-2022, 01:30 PM   #29
lestahhh

Quote:
Yikes…two owners already ? .. you may be out of luck then …I’d pick up the phone and call any Ram dealer and ask
Thanks for the heads-up. But I called a Ram dealership and they told me the warranty follows the vehicle so as long as I'm the new registered owner I'd be set. When I ask if it was true that it only transfers to second owner he said Dodge doesn't do that. So I'm set.

And I'm assuming the previous 2 owners sold it to make a quick buck considering the market. My coworker is doing that right now to a truck he's only had for less than a year.
Old 02-12-2022, 01:39 PM   #30
jasin1

Quote:
Thanks for the heads-up. But I called a Ram dealership and they told me the warranty follows the vehicle so as long as I'm the new registered owner I'd be set. When I ask if it was true that it only transfers to second owner he said Dodge doesn't do that. So I'm set.

And I'm assuming the previous 2 owners sold it to make a quick buck considering the market. My coworker is doing that right now to a truck he's only had for less than a year.
Well that’s good..I googled it and must have got the wrong info..maybe that was for extended warranty’s? ….and yeah it’s been a weird market for trucks ….anyway good luck
Old 02-12-2022, 02:05 PM   #31
wiredgeorge

NY Times claims used vehicle prices are up 40.5 percent in the past year. NY Times is not exactly my go-to source for any reliable news but that is what they say.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2022, 02:07 PM   #32
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:

I hadn't thought about that. I was worried the quick turnovers were due to some issue BUT right before we left for FL in Oct. I got a firm offer from a dealer to buy my truck for 18k more than I paid as I recall. Only had 20k on it so I wasn't tired of it yet (and I like it)....

Get that truck checked out and get it home. Sounds like you're about there and the ability to transfer warranty helps a lot. If the previous owners have treated it right that 6.4 and drivetrain will "do ya good". Good luck and let us know.
sourdough is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2022, 02:09 PM   #33
lestahhh

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiredgeorge View Post
NY Times claims used vehicle prices are up 40.5 percent in the past year. NY Times is not exactly my go-to source for any reliable news but that is what they say.
I believe it, it's a madhouse right now. If it wasn't for my short timeline I'd shop around. If only there was a way to make my 1500 have like 20 percent more payload and towing capacity lol that's all I need.
Old 02-12-2022, 02:10 PM   #34
bill777x

I traded in my 2015 Chev 2500 this past Tues on a new 2022 Ram 2500 Tradesman, 6.4 gas with the upgraded nav system, uplevel interior and the chrome exterior package. Along with a couple other options added its a very nice truck. Sticker was $51k and change so I wouldn't buy the used one, personally. There are a few new ones out there like mine so I'd recommend looking around. If its already had two owners who knows how its been treated.

My advice is worth exactly what you paid for it so good luck either way!
bill777x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2022, 02:31 PM   #35
lestahhh

Update: as I was pulling into dealership, a man got out of the truck and went inside and bought it lol so that truck is gone. Back to square one haha.
Old 02-12-2022, 02:35 PM   #36
jasin1

Quote:
Update: as I was pulling into dealership, a man got out of the truck and went inside and bought it lol so that truck is gone. Back to square one haha.
Sorry to hear … always tell my son that there are plenty of good deals out there if the first one doesn’t work out..I look at new there is more money on the table for them to move around on a new truck ..factory to dealer incentives etc
Old 02-12-2022, 06:46 PM   #37
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
I believe it, it's a madhouse right now. If it wasn't for my short timeline I'd shop around. If only there was a way to make my 1500 have like 20 percent more payload and towing capacity lol that's all I need.
Wishing for 20% more payload is like not being able to swim and the bottom is only 2' below your feet. Sorry to about the deal falling thru but there are others out there. Keep looking.
flybouy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2022, 07:29 PM   #38
rhagfo

Quote:
Quote:
Two years old and 20,000 miles and already two owners, best I can say is walk away!
Visit and enjoy Oregon State Parks
rhagfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2022, 07:43 PM   #39
rhagfo

Quote:
How big is your search area? When we were looking for our current TV, I think I set the search area to 500 miles. We were hosting In Waldport, OR found our Ram at a dealer in Snohomish, WA a distance of about 350 miles. It was well worth the drive.
Visit and enjoy Oregon State Parks
rhagfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2022, 05:48 AM   #40
lestahhh

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhagfo View Post
How big is your search area? When we were looking for our current TV, I think I set the search area to 500 miles. We were hosting In Waldport, OR found our Ram at a dealer in Snohomish, WA a distance of about 350 miles. It was well worth the drive.
Unfortunately, time is of the essence right now. I thought I would spend another 13 weeks here but we have to pick up a contract elsewhere in another state . So this is my last week here. So I don't have time to drive out more than 100 miles bc I work everyday.

I was gonna give the market time to settle then purchase. But can't now!