Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Tires, Tires, Tires!
Click Here to Login

Old 01-09-2022, 01:11 PM   #1
Roper46

Goodride Tires

Was in my local Lowes, the one I used to work at, this afternoon. Noticed they now have an entire isle devoted to automotive. And on this isle they are selling trailer tires.

I saw a Goodride tire in my 5er size, 235/80/16. I had never seen this brand mentioned here in the forum or anywhere for that matter. Does anyone have any experience or knowledge of this brand?
6.7L I6 CTD with Air Suspension
6 Speed Automatic 68RFE Transmission
Roper46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2022, 01:17 PM   #2
jasin1

https://www.goodridetire.com/index.php/about

They have a derailed website and catalogs https://www.goodridetire.com/upload/...333014olqb.pdf
Old 01-09-2022, 11:24 PM   #3
CWtheMan

Once while traveling in OK, we had a metal valve stem knocked off by something. The tire was destroyed, and I had to find a spare. At a truck stop I got a Goodride and used it to replace the failed tire because our spare was too old to trust for traveling. For the next two travel days the Goodride's temp was 10 degrees higher than the other three. At an overnight stop I swapped it out with the older spare and the over temp problem went away. At our next long stop, I replaced the older tire and the Goodride and never used another one.
CWtheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 03:14 AM   #4
notanlines

I use tires from Farm and Fleet on the utility trailer, tires from Tractor Supply and Ebay on the golf cart. But, barring any situation similar to Cal's, not any Goodride on our RV's. Only in an emergency.
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 06:17 AM   #5
wiredgeorge

Take a look at the reviews on Amazon... the ones with pictures:
https://www.amazon.com/Goodride-STZC...2?pageNumber=2
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 06:29 AM   #6
flybouy
Site Team

As for brands that I don’t recognize or can do extensive research on .... not on my truck or trailer. With all things considered ( reputation, type of use, weight of camper, cost, etc) the Carlise are the best valvue FOR ME.

Our trailer came with a steel wheel spare. I bought a matching alloy wheel and bought 5 tires last time and went from OE D raring to E rating with metal valve stems.. If we go anywhere where it's potentially a long distance in-between towns I'll throw the old steel wheel spare in the bed of the truck. If road debris takes out 2 tires the additional old spare gives me better odds of going closer to a town than one spare with 2 flats.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 06:52 AM   #7
Roper46

Wow, thanks for the resppnses. Looks like more "China bombs" !
Old 01-10-2022, 07:38 AM   #8
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roper46 View Post
Wow, thanks for the resppnses. Looks like more "China bombs" !

I didn't mean to imply that Amazon ratings had much value as I believe they do not but the pictures of exploded Goodride tires caught my interest. Many folks only rate when they are angry about a product but the pictures spoke for themselves.

I run Carlisle Radial Trail HD on my campers (have gone through a number of sets that have aged out). Of the five negative Amazon reviews our of 601, two were for tires that were old when shipped and one was because the purchaser must have discovered they are made in China.

https://www.amazon.com/product-revie...ews-filter-bar

Again, Amazon ratings usually reflect folks that are angry or folks that are thrilled with Amazon shipping times, etc. but note there were really only two negative reviews out of 600 that had to do with actual issues with the tires.
Old 01-10-2022, 01:19 PM   #9
Roper46

I will be replacing my Trailer King RST+ tires that came on my 5er later this year. They will be a year old I think in June and I've put about one thousand miles on them so far. Will probably put some more miles on them this year before getting new tires.

And with all the threads I've read on this forum ref tires, I have seen Carlisle and Goodyear mentioned the most. So I most likely will visit the new Discount Tire store about an hour from me and get the Carlisles.
Old 01-10-2022, 01:29 PM   #10
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
I will be replacing my Trailer King RST+ tires that came on my 5er later this year. They will be a year old I think in June and I've put about one thousand miles on them so far. Will probably put some more miles on them this year before getting new tires.

And with all the threads I've read on this forum ref tires, I have seen Carlisle and Goodyear mentioned the most. So I most likely will visit the new Discount Tire store about an hour from me and get the Carlisles.
Before you head to DT, do some comparison shopping. WalMart has the Carlisle Radial Trail HD ST235 80R16LRE for $109 per tire. Free shipping to any Walmart and installation/road hazard is about the same as DT or any other tire center. There's a WalMart in way more "little, out of the way towns" than there are Discount Tire Centers, so finding help might be easier with WalMart than with DT. The last I checked, DT will "price match WalMart", so even if you do decide to buy from DT, the price match may save you some money. Don't forget that DT also has a military discount. Some of their outlets will give the military discount AND price match, some won't. It never hurts to ask.

Here's the link to WalMart's pricing: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Carlisle-...Rated/55012162

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 03:44 PM   #11
Roper46

There is a local Walmart here. Don't you have to take the wheels off the RV and carry them to Walmart for them to mount the new tires on the wheels?
Old 01-10-2022, 04:00 PM   #12
wiredgeorge

Quote:
There is a local Walmart here. Don't you have to take the wheels off the RV and carry them to Walmart for them to mount the new tires on the wheels?
I imagine some Walmarts can handle camper wheel removal and mount/balance new tires and some can't. Call the auto department and ask them would be the easiest way to know for sure.
Old 01-10-2022, 04:02 PM   #13
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
All of the WalMart service centers that I've asked will not work on any vehicle that doesn't fit in the service bay. Fifth wheels won't fit, and WalMart won't work on them "in the parking lot". So, yes, most will require you to take the wheels in for changeout. There are a few that make an exception, so call and ask the local WalMart if they change tires on travel trailers. They might surprise you....

That said, everyone has their "I want to do" or their "I'm not going to do" and I'd guess changing out tires is as much a part of that as anything else....

For me, spending an hour hitching, another hour towing to the store, then having the tires changed out while I sit in a cold waiting room with a mask on, then spend another hour towing back home and another hour unhitching and getting the trailer back in storage, plus paying for the fuel for the trip....

For me, pulling the wheels, dropping them off at WalMart in town while I take DW out for lunch, then reinstalling them on the trailer is much less "aggravation" than towing the trailer to DT.

If your trailer has a leveling system, that makes it even less of a hassle to take the wheels to WalMart....

That's why I suggested "doing comparison shopping"... If DT is 100 miles round trip and WalMart is "in town", the comparison goes much further than the $40 difference in price per tire....

YMMV

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 05:02 PM   #14
retiredusps69

good ride tires

Just wanted to see reviews on Amazon. curious as to price Amazon states not available and don't know when will be !!!!!!!!!!!!!
retiredusps69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2022, 09:02 AM   #15
rlh1957

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWtheMan View Post
Once while traveling in OK, we had a metal valve stem knocked off by something. The tire was destroyed, and I had to find a spare. At a truck stop I got a Goodride and used it to replace the failed tire because our spare was too old to trust for traveling. For the next two travel days the Goodride's temp was 10 degrees higher than the other three. At an overnight stop I swapped it out with the older spare and the over temp problem went away. At our next long stop, I replaced the older tire and the Goodride and never used another one.
You can adjust your over temp alert range with TPMS.
One brand may run higher temp over another.
You’re more interested in load range on the tire well over what you are loading… at least an E load range. G rating is even better.
Also filled to the cold pressure listed on the tire.

2020 Cougar Half Ton 29RKS Fifth Wheel
2019 F350 4WD Lariat SRW 6.7 Diesel SD
Anderson Ultimate 5th Hitch - JT Strongarm TST509 TPMS- 2200W(8)Solar Panels - 800AH BattleBorn Batteries. 3000W Victron MultiPlus II Inv. SoftStartRV on 2 AC’s - Predator 3500 generator Airlift 5000 bags
rlh1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2022, 09:33 AM   #16
Mr Mojo

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
Before you head to DT, do some comparison shopping. WalMart has the Carlisle Radial Trail HD ST235 80R16LRE for $109 per tire. Free shipping to any Walmart and installation/road hazard is about the same as DT or any other tire center. There's a WalMart in way more "little, out of the way towns" than there are Discount Tire Centers, so finding help might be easier with WalMart than with DT. The last I checked, DT will "price match WalMart", so even if you do decide to buy from DT, the price match may save you some money. Don't forget that DT also has a military discount. Some of their outlets will give the military discount AND price match, some won't. It never hurts to ask.

Here's the link to WalMart's pricing: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Carlisle-...Rated/55012162
I had a blowout and found a Carlisle at the local WalMart where I was and got it for $88 mounted and balanced. This was in the middle of nowhere Pennsylvania.
Old 01-16-2022, 01:30 PM   #17
CWtheMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlh1957 View Post
You can adjust your over temp alert range with TPMS.
One brand may run higher temp over another.
You’re more interested in load range on the tire well over what you are loading… at least an E load range. G rating is even better.
Also filled to the cold pressure listed on the tire.
I've been writing about RV trailer tires for more than 20 years. I wouldn't have made that post unless I considered 10 degrees higher to be too much of a difference for the same designated size and LR tire.
CWtheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2022, 03:45 PM   #18
Tireman9

Quote:
Was in my local Lowes, the one I used to work at, this afternoon. Noticed they now have an entire isle devoted to automotive. And on this isle they are selling trailer tires.

I saw a Goodride tire in my 5er size, 235/80/16. I had never seen this brand mentioned here in the forum or anywhere for that matter. Does anyone have any experience or knowledge of this brand?

Suggest you read the material list on the tire sidewall.

The key is does it say something like Tread: 1 layer Polyester, 2 layer steel and 1 layer Nylon
or something similar? the Nylon will usually give better durability when traveling above 60 mph.
Old 01-17-2022, 04:58 AM   #19
nitrohorse

Does Goodride have a blimp?
2013 Jayco 26RLS
1996 Sunline 21' TT
1977 StarCraft Galaxy 8 pop-up
nitrohorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2022, 03:22 PM   #20
mjsibe

Tires again.

The only ones that get good reviews & experience on this page are Goodyear ENDURANCE
Carlisle in the 14 to 16 inch.
Sailun on the larger sizes.
No experience with the big 5er sizes.
But as For TT's go For Carlisle radial HD trailer tires
Or Goodyear ENDURANCE.
I have the Goodyear's
After my China bomb blew out
3 year old 7k miles.
I got lucky a few fender brackets bent up cracked skirt.
Seen floors ripped up ect.
mjsibe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tires