Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 03-23-2021, 12:33 PM   #1
bobbrazie

Freedom X Inverter

Hi all.
Just traded up to a Cougar 25RDSWE. Second Cougar and we love it!
When we picked it up and did the walk threw no mention of an Inverter was made.

In the information packet there is a Freedom X Inverter owners guide. On the breaker panel there is a labeled 15amp circuit breaker. Which model is also not known.

I have no idea where this is located and can't find a control panel for it.

I also have no information on which circuits this is connected to.

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance. Bob.
bobbrazie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 12:46 PM   #2
sourdough
Site Team

I don't believe that unit will have an included inverter unless you ordered it with some sort of package that would include it. It shows they are only offered with the 8 c.ft. fridge and most I've seen that have an included inverter have the residential fridge. Figure you got a manual "just because". I've had weird documents in them before on pickup.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 12:51 PM   #3
bobbrazie

Thanks but why is there a labeled circuit breaker?
Old 03-23-2021, 01:15 PM   #4
chuckster57
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbrazie View Post
Thanks but why is there a labeled circuit breaker?
I would guess it’s “prepped” for an inverter. And you might be able to have it installed.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 01:47 PM   #5
jasin1

It is probably the 15 amp solar prep... that breaker should feed the 3 receptacles that are on the same circuit for a future inverter install if you choose....the breaker is no different then any other breaker..the path of the wire that leads from the breaker to the first receptacle in the chain of 3 makes a big loop over to the future location of the inverter.
If you install the inverter you cut that wire and label it “iN” to inverter and the other is OUT to the receptacles...its not anything special...its usually a receptacle in the bedroom..one in the kitchen and one for the tv..if you do not install the inverter you do nothing at all to that circuit ..just leave it on..
If you paid for the inverter it would probably be several thousand extra for that and the solar panels
Old 03-24-2021, 07:20 AM   #6
JRTJH
Site Team

The 25RDSWE comes standard with the OTG Solar Prep Package. That is wiring inside the trailer to include 3 or 4 outlets "pre-wired for inverter power" and fittings on the roof to "pass through" solar panel connections. There is a circuit breaker in the power distribution panel, a "ROMEX loop" and access to battery wiring in the storage compartment. That "ROMEX loop" and battery wiring is probably hidden behind a plastic panel screwed to the wall.

There is an "OPTIONAL" OTG Solar Package available that includes an "installed" solar panel, inverter and controller/charger for the system... This package is not "installed standard" but is "optional"....

You can download the spec sheet for the 2021 25RDSWE here: https://www.keystonerv.com/product/c...rplans/25RDSWE Note the optional OTG comments near the bottom of the page.

You can also read the "marketing materials" for the optional OTG Solar Prep and OTG Solar Package (note the difference: Prep and Package) here: https://www.keystonerv.com/innovations/otg-solar Note that there is apparently an error in the way Keystone highlights the system. The marketing lists both the package and the prep as "Standard" yet in the Package, they list the optional items that make up the package, not the standard items that make up the prep.... The diagram, drawings and remainder of the description does differentiate the "prep" from the "optional (extra cost) package"....

In your owner's package, you should find a "build sheet" that is probably a yellow sheet of paper that lists everything in your trailer by model number and serial number. It lists tires, appliances, TV's, air conditioner, etc that are in "YOUR RV"... If there is an inverter installed, it should be on that sheet and it should also be included on your bill of sale as optional equipment.

I'd suspect that if your trailer does not have solar panels on the roof, then your trailer does not have the OTG Solar Package (optional) but does have the "standard build" OTG Solar Prep that includes the wiring to the circuit breaker and specific outlets and the ROMEX loop/battery wiring in the storage compartment.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 08:06 AM   #7
GoingPlaces

I just received our new 25rdswe with the factory solar package. In addition to suggestions above.. you can look in the front storage unit, ours is on the drivers side with the smaller access door. If you have the solar package installed you should see a Zamp solar battery charger and and Freedom X Inverter. Our solar charger is on the front wall and the inverter is on the ceiling. Also look on the roof for a solar panel !!
GoingPlaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 10:49 AM   #8
bobbrazie

Thanks to everyone for their help. It all makes sense now.
I didn't get a build sheet with the new trailer but there was one that came with the old trailer.
I am wondering if I can get one somehow.
I did a Google search for the VIN # but nothing came up as it does for cars/trucks.
Old 03-24-2021, 10:50 AM   #9
chuckster57
Site Team

Keystone should have a build sheet based on VIN.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
Old 03-24-2021, 11:28 AM   #10
MarkEHansen

I went to my dealer and asked them for the build sheet, and they provided (a very poor copy of) it.
Old 03-24-2021, 12:01 PM   #11
bobbrazie

Do you know an easy way to contact them to ask for a build sheet?
Old 03-24-2021, 12:03 PM   #12
jasin1

Quote:
Do you know an easy way to contact them to ask for a build sheet?
It might be easier if you post some pictures of your rv in the meantime..I would think you could contact your salesman also..post pictures of your circuit breaker panel,battery compartment,basement storage and top of your rv.. there isn’t many places to hide an inverter on a factory install. I doubt you have one because it would have been a selling point they would have almost certainly pointed out..but someone that has installed one in the same trailer may be able to give you options if you want one installed....take pictures of the ceiling of the basement storage also
Old 03-24-2021, 12:09 PM   #13
bobbrazie

No, I don't have one. Thanks to the help on this thread I have been given the tools to know what to look for. And no I do not have and inverter or solar panels.
I am planning on asking my dealer how much it would cost to install all of the components.
So thanks to all!
Old 03-24-2021, 01:18 PM   #14
chuckster57
Site Team

Quote:
No, I don't have one. Thanks to the help on this thread I have been given the tools to know what to look for. And no I do not have and inverter or solar panels.
I am planning on asking my dealer how much it would cost to install all of the components.
So thanks to all!
Way more than doing it yourself. It’s not that hard.

Old 03-29-2021, 08:45 PM   #15
tanglemoose

The pkg is 1500 more, and for that is a good deal. Is all wired to batteries, Solar controller, xantrex x 2000 watt inverter, 3 outlets in house wired, solar panel, and breaker in box.. and all put in professionally... and clean. And they have Zamp solar. Guy camping next to us, same camper 25rdswe.. bought his own inverter, Solar suit case, extension cords ran all over, generator running...ran his batteries down, wind blowing Solar panel not up... ha. Us in same unit, not messing with anything except enjoying our coffee...
tanglemoose is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
inverter