Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 09-05-2018, 09:24 AM   #1
aehjr

Edge CTS Engine Monitor

For anyone here who uses the Edge Products engine monitor, have you found a PID/ monitored status that reliably predicts when the truck is getting close to doing a regen? I monitor the regen status, as well as DPF soot concentration and DPF load but neither of those seem to reliably predict when the truck will start a regen. It would be nice to get a bit of a heads up so that I am not in the driveway when I get the regen status "On" notice.
2019 KTM Super Adventure R
aehjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 10:29 AM   #2
xrated

You might be interested in this thread. Read it all the way through.

http://www.keystoneforums.com/forums...ad.php?t=34711
Excessive payload capacity is a wonderful thing

"If it ain't Fast....It ain't Fun"
xrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 12:34 PM   #3
Fishsizzle

When my Soot PID get in the 8’s, I know a regen is close and will go for a ride out of town, or watch to make sure it’s not on while running home.
Fishsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 03:44 PM   #4
bobbecky

My last work truck that I was assigned to at the electric utility I retired from was a 2008 F450 with the 6.4 diesel. The nature of my work required extensive idling, most of the time parked at the curb while working in an electric splice box. The truck, sitting close by and idling would go into a regen cycle and the smell was terrible, just about make you sick. They finally got with Ford, and Ford engineers came up with a modified program for the regen that would only allow it to function while in gear and driving. The info screen would come on the entire time the regen was going, and would tell you to continue to drive until complete. Worked for me, occasionally a little extra overtime was needed A Ford factory crew went around the entire utility and reprogrammed all those model trucks. Don't know if this was available to any other owners.
bobbecky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 02:46 PM   #5
aehjr

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrated View Post
You might be interested in this thread. Read it all the way through.

http://www.keystoneforums.com/forums...ad.php?t=34711

I did. Thanks. I am monitoring Regen Status, DPF Soot Concentration, DPF Soot Load (%) and DPF Pressure. It is a new truck so I'll have to see what kinds of levels trigger the regen.

On my 2013 truck, when the exhaust temps got above 700, the truck would self clean the DPF and the soot levels would go down. A soot level around 55% would indicate the truck was close to a regen. I'm not seeing that on the new truck; driving up Ute Pass (about a 2000' climb from Colorado Springs) does not raise the exhaust temps like it did on the 2013 truck.
2019 KTM Super Adventure R
aehjr is offline   Reply With Quote