Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 09-03-2018, 07:00 AM   #1
RV Steve

424 front door

Anyone with the 424 have a genius way of blocking the front door at night so people can’t see in, without raising the porch. Keystone didn’t seem to have any ideas but it seems odd to me. Anyway I want to have something that keeps the look nice but blocks the view. My only ideas, limo tint, blackout shade ( but not sure it will fit) or something to put in window at night say the plastic used for signs black in color held up with Velcro, maybe put some strips around it to match the trim in kitchen and Fuzion logo on it or something. Then I’m out of ideas. Steve
RV Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 08:10 AM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

Possibly a "wire cable curtain rod" mounted above the front entry door: https://www.amazon.com/Curtain-Stain...27418710&psc=1 and a fabric shower curtain in your (or DW's) choice of color ??
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WIRE CURTAIN ROD.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	161.2 KB
ID:	18370  

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 08:21 AM   #3
Pull Toy

Welcome to the group! Lots of Good People here, and TONS of experience and knowledge!

You have a few options to pick from depending on your preference, and budget. The first two would be permanent:

1. Contact paper makes a transparent product that looks like the old school "privacy" glass. What you don't use makes good shelf liner.

2. You can replace the glass with a replacement privacy glass.

3. Camping World, has a slim line window shade specifically to fit your door.

https://www.campingworld.com/slim-sh...in-shade-black

Good Luck

Pull Toy

Steve & Jan, Ava & Emma (Mini Schnauzers):
2016 F350 Lariat 4X4 Powerstroke CC/SB "PULLTOY V"
2013 Alpine 3535RE "MAGIC CARPET IV"
Proud Navy Vet!
Pull Toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 08:51 AM   #4
JRTJH
Site Team

The Fuzion 424 does not have a "typical RV door". The rear entry door is conventional, but the front door is a "all glass, full view storm door" that opens onto a fold down patio.

The "conventional shade" found at CW https://www.campingworld.com/slim-sh...in-shade-black will work for the rear entry door, but not for the front door.

Here's the floorplan and a couple of photos of the "main entry door" that the OP is asking about. As you can see, it's not like "your front door".....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	424 floorplan.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	31.3 KB
ID:	18371   Click image for larger version

Name:	424 front door.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	37.6 KB
ID:	18372   Click image for larger version

Name:	424 storm door.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	53.7 KB
ID:	18373  

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 09:49 AM   #5
RV Steve

Thanks JRTJH I will pass the idea on to my wife, Thanks for all the ideas I should have said something about the door being different so thank you also for including that info. It is a all glass door with only a frame, like you would see in a house storm door say. kind of baffling as to why nothing to close it off is offered maybe they thought you would just put the porch up every night?

I talked to every dealer about it when looking and they act like I was the first to ever bring it up. I kind of doubt that due to talking to some fusion owners who looked at the 424 and decided against it for that very reason (2 couples). Love everything else though and I think they have a perfect design for what we want anyway, just a odd door that offers no privacy after dark. supposedly the rep for Keystone had not heard about it either when the dealers ask as reported by 3 dealers one in AR one in MO and one in IL although it could be same regional rep. Any other ideas let me know.
Old 09-03-2018, 10:07 AM   #6
CKIVEY

We just purchased a 424 and know what you mean. My solution - measure door, purchase black cloth and cut to fit. velcro top to door and will keep rolled up and tied with white ribbon during day ( wont even notice it) - at night let down. Will have all 4 corners where you can velcro in place to keep it from swinging when door opens. Cheap, efficient and will be pretty. going to do same for the garage/kitchen door for when we have guests travel with us. Maybe this helps or gives you ideas..
CKIVEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 04:49 PM   #7
RV Steve

CKIV thank you for that idea, any chance you have a pic of that? We pick ours up tomorrow so it will be helpful seeing actually how much room to make something work is available. How are you enjoying the 424?
Old 09-04-2018, 03:03 AM   #8
CKIVEY

Love the 424! Love this layout (and we search months to find the right one). Garage is perfect size. Plenty of room. The in command is awesome (only 1 iPhone can operate it at a time by the way- no biggie just FYI). Some "Tweaks" we plan to do -- install lights under pin box and off side- there are none. Back and porch side lights up like Christmas but not the first light under pin or offside of RV. The other is the drain line. Our drain point is exactly 8" off the ground- its lower than the spare tire or hydraulic legs. We going to TRY and raise that entire pipe up some and shorten the drain pipe to get it up a few inches. Besides that its perfect- and really these are minor things. We just picked ours up last weekend. I'm in process of making the door shades so will shoot pictures on here once done. Going to basically make bigger ones for patio doors as well so at night you wont see in those. Will be like curtains you tie back. Hopefully have all done soon and will show you. One more note - check your "entertainment storage" where TV is - that is tearing up alot of floors so make sure that slides out easy and not grooving floor before you leave. I've heard Keystone knows there a problem and will fix it but may save you a headache later on. Dont let my few "issues" bring you down- this is a amazing RV and we would buy it again. Nothing is perfect but this is close
CKIVEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 03:29 AM   #9
RV Steve

I am about to leave to pick ours up, can’t wait to get started prepping it this week and see how it does. Will definitely check the hidden pantry for rubbing and check everything I can before leaving though. Hopefully everything goes well.