Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 09-01-2018, 09:23 AM   #1
rogermack50

Florida Seasonal Suggestions

I have a 2019 Keystone Avalanche 5th Wheel that I want to take to Florida and pluck it down in a Seasonal site for Jan / Feb / Mar 2019 and beyond. Anyone have any suggestions as to where is a nice friendly area.
A couple of things I want to avoid:
I am coming from Massachusetts so I do most of my Rving in NH, Maine or Cape Cod so I have looked around Kissimmee but only have found spots that remind me of a NY High-rise LOL...Right next to each other, or cement campgrounds, hey, that's not my idea of RVing...I like people but I like my own space, privacy, tree's etc.
Good internet and TV...I am a disabled veteran with No Voice so I spend a incredible amount of time by myself thus internet and tv are essential for my sanity. LOL
Nearby Golf...I wanted to get close to the Disney area because of their Golf deals for Disabled veterans etc but either they don't do seasonals, sold-out or way to crowded.
Some of the things most people look for, I don't need or use i.e. swimming pools, Clubhouses etc.
All ideas will be looked at, if possible please provide links and contact info, remember I have No Voice so email or Text contacts are the only way for me to look into things.
Thank You,
Mac
rogermack50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 09:59 AM   #2
SummitPond

Here are three suggestions (we've stayed at first and last)

Lots of golf in the Jax area (golf on base):
Hanna Park in Jacksonville (city park adjacent to the beach)

American Legion in the Jax area (westside)
One of the forum members stays there (which is how I know about it)

Not far from the hubbub of Orlando:
Magnolia Park in Apopka, FL (county park adjacent to a lake)

Now: 2019 Winnebago 2500FL w/e2 WDH;Sold: 2015 Bullet Premier 19FBPR (shown)
2012 Ford F-250 Lariat Super Duty Crew Cab (gas 6.2 L, 3.73 gear ratio 2WD, 172" WB)
SummitPond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 11:18 AM   #3
KingFisher

We stay at The Glades RV Resort and Marina. https://www.thegladesresort.com/
I say we stay there, I haven't been able to get there in a year and a half due to work opportunities I couldn't pass up in my semi retired state right now.

I pay the yearly lease since it's not that much cheaper for 6 months. Plus with me paying the yearly lease my lot is mine, I can leave stuff there and do with it pretty much as I please. Yearly $3600.

9 hole golf course on site, I can walk to it from my lot. It's not an executive course, there are real par 5's and 4's.

It's also on the Caloosahatchie River and there is a marina, sometimes we bike down there and watch the big boats go by and drink a beer.

Internet there is extremely expensive, at least by my budget, so I use my phone as a hotspot for my laptop. I use dish network for tv. I think there are cable tv options but you have to call the local provider, I sat up a dish so I never checked into that.
KingFisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 01:37 PM   #4
notanlines

Clewiston/Okeechobee RV park, Clewiston Florida. Golf in town, friendly veterans abound, great WiFi. We’ve been there five years.
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote