Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 08-06-2018, 06:09 AM   #1
K_N_L

Lightbulb Fuzion CATV Diagram

We've had a issue with bad CATV reception since early spring, it was fine in February but in April I couldnt get a clear signal on any of the tv's. Over the air broadcasts were always ok.

Note 2 things, 1)I know how to program a TV for Air vs. cable and 2) understand how the booster operates. As a workaround I moved all 3 TVs to the SAT coax connections and placed a splitter in the convenience center to bypass the problem for the past few trips. When the trailer was in the shop for another issue (warranty) I asked the dealer to check it out, they replaced a few cable terminals but still the problem persisted.

As I hate not knowing how things are connected, this weekend I pulled out the booster and noted, verified all the connections. I believe the main CATV feed to the booster was the issue as it was loose. I installed new compression terminal on CATV feed and snugged up all the other connections. As I dont have a CATV source at the house, I will have to wait for the next trip to see if there repairs are good.

While I had it apart, I made some notes on how the TV's were connected and put together the attached jpeg diagram. With the TV's on I disconnected and reconnected the booster output leads to verify where things go. I would expect that most of the toy haulers of this generation to be very similar, perhaps it will help someone in the future. I did not physically locate the splitter but believe it to be in the wall behind the entertainment area, if anyone has seen that device please let me know. If anyone wants the original Visio diagram, let me know and I will upload it as well. Happy Monday all.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fuzion catv.jpg
Views:	251
Size:	49.7 KB
ID:	17901  

Kevin -n- Lisa
17 Fuzion 325 / 15 Chevy 3500 HC DRW
06 HD Ultra Classic
K_N_L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 08:05 AM   #2
Racebug

My 417 has a splitter right behind the booster in the bedroom. Every connection I have found has been extremely loose.

2017 Fuzion 417
2018 Ram 3500 Longhorn
Racebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 09:00 AM   #3
travelin texans

Mine had a misconnected cheapo splitter, ins on the outs, & loose fittings on the splitter. If you can find the splitters change to better quality & tighten every connection.
If you're wanting schematics from Keystone, dream on, won't happen, they are top secret & even if you did they were probably not followed by the guy that ran yours.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 04:41 AM   #4
flybouy
Site Team

If your house has an antenna run one a cable from one of the house jacks to the cable input on the outside of the camper to test. Or you could by one of those $10 antenna's and connect it to the outside connector. It doesn't have to be a cable company source to go thru the wiring.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 06:14 AM   #5
K_N_L

I do have indoor HD antenna which I might try, I picked it up to see what we could get without satellite. It quickly reminded me of the old days where you had to hold and adjust the rabbit ears with each channel change, so its got stuffed in a closet somewhere. Thanks!
Old 08-27-2018, 03:29 PM   #6
K_N_L

Follow up on Fuzion CATV Diagram / Issue

In the last episode, I hoped that re-tightening the connections would fix the issue. On the last camping trip - No luck, all channels, all TV's very fuzzy signal on all channels. (Flipped back to my splitter and the SAT runs for the rest of the trip). Before I left the campground I ran the campground feed thru a window bypassing the trailer run, and connected to the booster, fuzzy still, and then to the TV2 feed- bypassing the booster - Clear signal - so need a booster.

I did some searching finally found a google image match for the antenna, and it linked to a company / website of Continu.us (www.continu.us) gave them a call. Talked with the tech guy, he asked me to email him a picture to verify which unit I had and he would ship one out!! Dang right! That was Thursday, I got the replacement in the mail today Monday. I was very happy with the customer service / support as I really didnt expect it to be covered. After I found the company name, I found a couple of threads on the forum mentioning them but their a pretty low profile company. Hopefully this will be the final fix. !

Kevin -n- Lisa
17 Fuzion 325 / 15 Chevy 3500 HC DRW
06 HD Ultra Classic

Tags
fuzion