Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campfire Chatter
Click Here to Login

Old 11-09-2015, 06:26 AM   #21
bsmith0404

Gotta love it, "I don't want a bank involved".

I'm selling my ATV today, guy is meeting me at the bank. He is bringing cash. Initially he asked if he could write a check, I said once the money is in my account I'll sign the title over. He was concerned that the bank would put a hold on the check so said he'll bring cash. Works for me, my plan is still the same, once the bank says all is good and the money is in my account he gets the title. This guy is also local, so that helps.

Brent
2013 Alpine 3500RE
2019 Silverado 2500HD Duramax
U.S. Air Force Retired (25 yrs)
bsmith0404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 04:53 PM   #22
T3/T4 Hybrid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadgetmonster View Post
Here is how it came down...
Sunday he was to come down to buy the thing sight unseen. I texted him that I had an emergency and could do it on Monday. He said OK, Monday noon at an address that was my bank. Monday morning I called the bank and they said that if we did the transaction in the bank or in the parking lot, before we give him the title, walk in the bank and give them the cash. They have a machine that verifies the cash as authentic. They said that at that point I have zero worry because the bank assumes the risk from there on. Then we walk out and give him the keys, title and a receipt. Perfect plan.
At 10:am I texted him to confirm he was on his way from Chicago. He replied "I am not coming, I do not want any bank involved. That's why I choose to only buy from individuals" At that point we were done and we have not communicated since.
I am comfortable with that and would do it that way again. If the buyer is scared of me running their cash through the bank then so be it, keep your money. I prefer to sell like I buy. Everything on the up and up.
In my line of work that is called a clue.
T3/T4 Hybrid is offline   Reply With Quote