Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 09-23-2015, 12:56 PM   #1
Drew Waller

Lippert 6 point leveling system question

My Lippert Leveling system wants to extend its front legs to almost max and then it brings the backend jacks down to level the whole unit. Sometimes the front legs go even higher putting into a limit switch. Is there some way to set the front jacks manually the height I want and then the auto level come up to that heights and not move the front any higher. You might ask about what kind of surface I'm sitting on, my concrete driveway which has a 2.5 degree down slope. What I don't like is the trailer that high off the ground. I manually leveled today and re-zeroed. I'm hoping that will help. But I just brought the rear jacks down manually and then brought the front end up till it was level on my carpenters level inside both axis. Anybody else have a solution😡

2015 Chevy Crew Cab 3500
Duramax/Allison Tran.
2013 Raptor 332 Toy Hauler
TrailAir Tri-Glide
2 Honda ATV's for climbing
mountains & getting muddy.
Traveling Partners: Dozer & Zeus
Drew Waller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 01:30 PM   #2
Pull Toy

Re-Zeroing your Lippert was my first thought as I was reading your post. In light of the fact that you've already done that, I'd suggest trying to level up in a different location to check for different results. If all else fails call Lippert Customer Support for advise

I have, in the past, called Lippert for advice. they have an excellent customer support department.

Pull Toy

Steve & Jan, Ava & Emma (Mini Schnauzers):
2016 F350 Lariat 4X4 Powerstroke CC/SB "PULLTOY V"
2013 Alpine 3535RE "MAGIC CARPET IV"
Proud Navy Vet!
Pull Toy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 01:38 PM   #3
bsmith0404

Re-zeroing was my thought as well. You didn't say if you tried running it through the auto level process once you zeroed it......

Brent
2013 Alpine 3500RE
2019 Silverado 2500HD Duramax
U.S. Air Force Retired (25 yrs)
bsmith0404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 02:57 PM   #4
Drew Waller

Lippert leveling

I did not try the auto lever after I zero'd. I'll try that tomorrow. Thanks

2015 Chevy Crew Cab 3500
Duramax/Allison Tran.
TrailAir Tri-Glide
Old 09-23-2015, 09:38 PM   #5
bobbecky

The way the system seems to work, is, the front end of the trailer needs to be higher than you would think normal upon removing the tow vehicle, then the auto level will drop the front end, usually past where it needs to be, then back up pretty close to level front-to-rear. Then, on the side that is lower, those jacks will come down and raise the lower side, then the opposite side jacks will finally come down, and then the leveling computer will do it's final adjustments. Where we currently are at the in-law's place, were are sitting on a pretty good slope, the ground lower at the rear of the trailer. When we are finally level, the front rams are only 3 to 5 inches extended, and the rear rams are extended quite a ways, and this is with blocking under the center and rear jacks, because the first time we set up here, we reached the ram extension limit on one of the rams at the rear of the trailer. Our rig is three years old, we full time, and have never had to re-zero our leveling system, so overall, I am quite pleased with it.
bobbecky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 04:57 PM   #6
Drew Waller

Lippert leveling

I tried the auto level today and I think it worked. I mean it went back to where I zero'd it. I'll try again this weekend on regular ground. Here's the rest of the story: camping world replaced the original right back leg. After that is when I noticed the high lifting front end. I lived with it because I didn't know it had to be zeroed. You would think they would do that after replacing one leg. I just wiped out all my hydraulics and the middle leg of the leveling system with a blowout. $5000.00 worth of damage! So they put another new cylinder on the middle. During the six weeks it took to get it done I came across the zeroing procedure on this forum. I did it and I think it worked😎🚁 Thanks everybody🍻

2015 Chevy Crew Cab 3500
Duramax/Allison Tran.
TrailAir Tri-Glide
Old 09-24-2015, 05:36 PM   #7
Javi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew Waller View Post
I tried the auto level today and I think it worked. I mean it went back to where I zero'd it. I'll try again this weekend on regular ground. Here's the rest of the story: camping world replaced the original right back leg. After that is when I noticed the high lifting front end. I lived with it because I didn't know it had to be zeroed. You would think they would do that after replacing one leg. I just wiped out all my hydraulics and the middle leg of the leveling system with a blowout. $5000.00 worth of damage! So they put another new cylinder on the middle. During the six weeks it took to get it done I came across the zeroing procedure on this forum. I did it and I think it worked���� Thanks everybody��
Not sure about the hydraulic system but I can attest that the electric Ground Control 3 system will lose its mind if the battery is disconnected or allowed to run completely down.. Not a fun thing to find out at 4pm on a 100 degree day trying to get set up...
Old 09-25-2015, 08:24 AM   #8
sw342
Permanent User Ban

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javi View Post
Not sure about the hydraulic system but I can attest that the electric Ground Control 3 system will lose its mind if the battery is disconnected or allowed to run completely down.. Not a fun thing to find out at 4pm on a 100 degree day trying to get set up...
Not sure what you mean by "lose its mind", but if you mean the settings will be lost with the level up system when the battery is disconnected, that will not happen. It does not need the battery to keep its settings in memory.
sw342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 08:38 AM   #9
Javi

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw342 View Post
Not sure what you mean by "lose its mind", but if you mean the settings will be lost with the level up system when the battery is disconnected, that will not happen. It does not need the battery to keep its settings in memory.
Well... that there is a good thing for those who have the Level Up system.. I reckon

But I'll tell you for sure the Ground Control 3 version can be completely discombobulated with the jacks going in all different directions all at once if the battery ain't got no juice... I got mine all straighten out finally, but it took me at least a 12 pack.. to get 'er done
Old 09-25-2015, 12:13 PM   #10
sw342
Permanent User Ban

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javi View Post
Well... that there is a good thing for those who have the Level Up system.. I reckon

But I'll tell you for sure the Ground Control 3 version can be completely discombobulated with the jacks going in all different directions all at once if the battery ain't got no juice... I got mine all straighten out finally, but it took me at least a 12 pack.. to get 'er done

LOL....that would suck. I disconnect my battery every time I put it in storage and it would suck to have to re-calibrate it every time I bring it out of storage and want to level the trailer.
sw342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 12:45 PM   #11
mazboy123

for any of you who have problems or questions just call lippert tech support, they will actually talk to you.

i would never ever again be without a 6 point level system.

http://lci1.com/support
mazboy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 12:55 PM   #12
Javi

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw342 View Post
LOL....that would suck. I disconnect my battery every time I put it in storage and it would suck to have to re-calibrate it every time I bring it out of storage and want to level the trailer.
This is the first time I've had a problem with it, normally I keep it plugged in while in storage but it was at the shop for some preventative maintenance and they let the battery run down.

We love the auto level feature and wouldn't have another RV without it.
Old 09-25-2015, 01:53 PM   #13
Pull Toy

There is a sticker right in my hydraulics bay that states that the battery must be connected, and supply 12 volts to level up, or extend sliders. Obviously, you don't want your truck under the pin box while doing the level up, so I made a six foot extension cord (7 pin male to 7 pin female bargman) so that I can pull out, and still use truck charging to a marginal camper battery. It also comes in handy when dry camping to top off the 12v battery, without backing under. Total cost well under $50.00.

You only need two leads to charge camper batteries this way. So don't pay a premium price for seven lead wire. An old piece of outside 12/2 extension cord that you ran over with the lawn mower should work fine. LOL

Pull Toy

Steve & Jan, Ava & Emma (Mini Schnauzers):
2016 F350 Lariat 4X4 Powerstroke CC/SB "PULLTOY V"
2013 Alpine 3535RE "MAGIC CARPET IV"
Proud Navy Vet!
Pull Toy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 05:11 PM   #14
Drew Waller

Level up system

OK the verdict is in. What I did zeroing made it work correctly. I had never did that before. It worked.

2015 Chevy Crew Cab 3500
Duramax/Allison Tran.
TrailAir Tri-Glide