Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 03-07-2014, 07:04 PM   #1
chartrand

ProPride on order

Just ordered my ProPride, I'll post pictures of the install. Its going on a Premier 22RBPR. I have a Dodge Durango and it has a short wheelbase, so even with a properly configured Equalizer I get a few white knuckle moments. Looking forward to this upgrade.

Pat

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

2014 Keystone Bullet Premier 22RBPR
2017 Chevy Colorado (Baby Duramax)
Propride P3 Hitch
chartrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 03:13 AM   #2
eartha

Quote:
Originally Posted by chartrand View Post
Just ordered my ProPride, I'll post pictures of the install. Its going on a Premier 22RBPR. I have a Dodge Durango and it has a short wheelbase, so even with a properly configured Equalizer I get a few white knuckle moments. Looking forward to this upgrade.

Pat

They are heavy and pricey but they do the job and you can forget about the sway problem. Safety has no price.
Happy Trails
eartha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 04:41 AM   #3
unyalli

It's a whole new experience. The two vehicles become one. Ensure you keep the load bar pivots greased. Pump them full till it's coming out the bottom then a few pumps every 1000 miles like the instructions state.

Jeff
unyalli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 05:34 AM   #4
cabinfever

Also be sure to adjust the brake gain to avoid the Hensley/ ProPride bump. I will be picking up my used Hensley when the weather permits and can't wait to get it installed and set up.

2007 Silverado 2500HD 4X4
2013 Springdale 303BHSSR
cabinfever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 07:40 AM   #5
chartrand

Quote:
Originally Posted by unyalli View Post
It's a whole new experience. The two vehicles become one. Ensure you keep the load bar pivots greased. Pump them full till it's coming out the bottom then a few pumps every 1000 miles like the instructions state.

Jeff

Good to know, I knew about setting break controller to avoid the bump, but was not aware of the load bar greasing, thanks!!

Propride P3 Hitch
Old 03-08-2014, 07:45 AM   #6
unyalli

Quote:
Originally Posted by chartrand View Post
Good to know, I knew about setting break controller to avoid the bump, but was not aware of the load bar greasing, thanks!!
Can you report if you ever feel this "bump" I've only recently heard about? I put a few thousand miles on my 3P both with my 05 F150 and my 12 F250 and never experienced any odd behavior of any kind. The only strange thing that would happen is forgetting for a second I was towing.

Jeff
Old 03-08-2014, 07:48 AM   #7
chartrand

Yes I can talk about it if it ever happens, but setting the controller properly will hopefully prevent it from happening.

Propride P3 Hitch
Old 03-08-2014, 04:39 PM   #8
Goingfor9

Mine is supposed to be here Monday. Hope to get it installed Tuesday.
Goingfor9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 04:54 PM   #9
unyalli

Have you pre-read the instructions? Do you have a Torque Wrench capable of 250 lb ft?
Old 03-08-2014, 07:07 PM   #10
chartrand

Quote:
Originally Posted by unyalli View Post
Have you pre-read the instructions? Do you have a Torque Wrench capable of 250 lb ft?
Ordered a calibrated Snap-On torque wrench that does 250lb last week and it's arrived already. I'm well versed on the instructions now. I've been over them several times now and used the picture journal found here:; http://www.flickr.com/photos/rests/3...7618684477177/ to follow along. I think I understand things pretty good now and I'm ready.

Propride P3 Hitch
Old 03-08-2014, 07:14 PM   #11
unyalli

Excellent, it's a heck of an install but completely worth it.
Old 03-08-2014, 10:30 PM   #12
audio1der

LUCKY!!!
Please share everything you feel may be valuable to other potential owners; we'll be reading!
We've talked about downsizing as 32' is a lot for our Ram 1500, but don't want to lose features not found on smaller units (full outdoor kitchen, 2nd door to washroom, etc).
I've pretty much decided on a P3 to solve my towing issues. It's pricey. but less than we'd lose on the trade and like posted above, safety has no price.
In my reading, it's been enlightening to see how many TT owners convert from the Reese dual cam setup to Propride. Nothing against the Reese system if it works for ya, but apparently its often not enough.

Thanks for sharing; I look forward to reding all about your thoughts, install and reviews.
2012 Ram 1500 Sport crew cab, Hemi, 4x4, 3.92 LSD, factory brake controller, S&B CAI w/scoop, Moroso air/oil can, 87mm ported/polished/knife-edged throttle body, Magnaflow exhaust, 180* t-stat, Rear lowered 2", Airlift 1000.
audio1der is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 05:35 AM   #13
chartrand

Quote:
Originally Posted by audio1der View Post
LUCKY!!!
Nothing against the Reese system if it works for ya, but apparently its often not enough.

Thanks for sharing; I look forward to reding all about your thoughts, install and reviews.
I currently have an Equalizer 4 point sway control, and feel the same as you and your Reese. The equalizer hitch is good, I just want better. For me I have a 2011 Dodge Durango and it's got a short wheel base compared with many trucks, so right off the bat I need as much help as I can get. I believe the P3 is ultimate hitch for my setup and I can't wait. I have another bonus.... I live in Michigan so I'm planning to drive over to Grand Blanc where they are made and pick mine up when it's ready.

Propride P3 Hitch
Old 03-14-2014, 06:37 PM   #14
Clicker

Just ordered my 3P too. Will be installing it on our 2014 Cougar 32SAB.
Clicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 07:00 PM   #15
chartrand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clicker View Post
Just ordered my 3P too. Will be installing it on our 2014 Cougar 32SAB.
Well that did not take you long, you just sent me a pm earlier tonight.

So just a thought.. Did you order the cover and the extension kit as well?

Propride P3 Hitch
Old 03-16-2014, 03:54 AM   #16
PT RV`er

What is the over all weight of the hitch itself? I tried to look for the info but I don`t see it posted anywhere on their website.

PT RV`er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 05:56 AM   #17
chartrand

I'm not exactly sure what the weight is, and it probably increases with the model you buy. What I can tell you is I purchased the 1000 version (most common size I think) along with the extension kit and cover kit. UPS shipping e-mail says it weighs 235 lb (that would include the boxes, packing foam, the kits above, tools and the stinger, not just the hitch). Posts in RV.net say between 100 and 150 lbs. And I did take a quick look at the propride web site as well and was unable to find the weight either. I'm sure you could contact the company and find out for sure though. Then keep in mind, that weight is then distributed to all the axles with the weight distribution part of the hitch.

Propride P3 Hitch
Old 03-17-2014, 04:44 PM   #18
bfurry78

I installed one on my Laredo 291TG last year. My TV is a 2004 Chevy 2500HD Duramax Extended Cab Short Bed. I have loved ever since and have never experienced the "bump". I did the install myself with no help in an afternoon. I emailed the owner a lot and found a ton on the web in order to aid me in the install. I know your going to love this hitch as I went from an Equalizer to the PP. Let me know if you have any questions as I know what its like to venture in uncharted waters!
2014 Ford F250 6.7 Powerstroke Turbo Diesel
**Previous**
2004 Silverado 2500HD 6.6 Duramax Turbo Diesel
bfurry78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 08:41 AM   #19
Goingfor9

Got mine installed last week and finally got to pull with it today. Holy cow what a differance. Trucks passing me with no push or pull. Wind blowing 10-15 absolutely no affect at all. My last hitch you felt everything. Now, besides the weight of the trailer when I start up, I hardly even know its back there. What a great hitch.
Goingfor9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 09:48 AM   #20
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goingfor9 View Post
Got mine installed last week and finally got to pull with it today. Holy cow what a differance. Trucks passing me with no push or pull. Wind blowing 10-15 absolutely no affect at all. My last hitch you felt everything. Now, besides the weight of the trailer when I start up, I hardly even know its back there. What a great hitch.
The Hensley and/or ProPride hitch will certainly dampen trailer sway and make for much more comfortable towing, but don't be lulled into thinking it controls all the potential sway. In a strong gust of wind, your entire rig can still be pushed into the next lane just as readily as it would have been with any other hitch. You've still got the same size "sidewall sail" catching wind and still can get blown around under the right conditions.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote