Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 08-12-2013, 06:13 PM   #1
Laredo60

Unhappy Rubber roof stains

Need some help out there. Just got back from a 10 day trip to cape may n.j.
Unfortunately the site I was on had a tree over it that dropped these berry's all over my roof and tip outs. I tried scrubbing with a brush and that camco rubber roof cleaner and it helped but Still cannot get the stains out. Any advice out there for me to try next? thanks
Old 08-13-2013, 02:20 AM   #2
rjsurfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laredo60 View Post
Need some help out there. Just got back from a 10 day trip to cape may n.j.
Unfortunately the site I was on had a tree over it that dropped these berry's all over my roof and tip outs. I tried scrubbing with a brush and that camco rubber roof cleaner and it helped but Still cannot get the stains out. Any advice out there for me to try next? thanks
Yes, don't worry about them, in time the sun will bleach them away.

Personally I think people do more harm than good when they go nuts trying to get stains off a rubber roof. The caustic chems and physical abrading necessary to make roofs spotless takes years off the life from a roof.

And no one can see the stains anyway.

Ron W.
rjsurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 12:18 PM   #3
sjturbo

You'll get many different opinions on this so here goes. Unless it is a substance that will do damage to the roof I think it would be best to leave it alone. Sometimes trying to clean up an issue does more damage than the issue. And, unless the DW is hosting a sit down dinner on the roof no one else will likely see it.
sjturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 04:00 PM   #4
scuba0331

Try a Magic Erase
scuba0331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 05:58 PM   #5
TandE

Quote:
Originally Posted by scuba0331 View Post
Try a Magic Erase
I'd be Leary of using one cause it does have chemicals in it. Who knows if they are safe or not for the rubber roof. My brother used one once on his kids arm to get off some permanent marker and it gave him a slight chemical burn/redness/itch. While it does say magic it really is just a sponge with cleaning agent chemicals in it.

I agree with the others just leave the stains alone the sun will take care of them over time.
TandE is offline   Reply With Quote