Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 11-08-2017, 02:25 PM   #1
jb238smw

Propane Gas Selector Valve

I think I know the answer to this one already, but just need some verification from someone more experienced than I. My 2007 Outback has two propane tanks located in the same bay. Both are connected and the lines run through what I'm guessing is a manual selector valve. When the valve is rotated, one of the lines has a red dot and the other a green dot. Rotating the valve in the other direction reverses the position of the dots. I think that the line with the green dot is the one that is "open", that is the one that the gas from the tank will flow through, where the red dot is "closed" - no gas from that tank going through the valve. Is this correct?
jb238smw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 02:59 PM   #2
dwall

That sounds correct. One way to check is to close the tank valves and only open the one with the green dot. Then try to light the stove.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dwall is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gas, propane