Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 03-07-2014, 08:25 AM   #1
murphysranch

Newbie from Northern Calif

I'm excited. We leave shortly to go to pick up our 2014 Hideout 24RLSWE in French Camp. Its short on storage, I've noted, so I'll be looking for some ideas. We've never owned a TT as a couple, so its will be very new to DH. (I had a 13' over 30 yrs ago with first DH).

I'm ready to escape from here. DH is a native Californian, but has hardly been anywhere except OR and HI. There is the entire US to discover, my dear.

Oh, and he's got buyers remorse today.
murphysranch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 08:55 AM   #2
Jim & DJ

From an ex So.Cal person.

Don't have buyers remorse but do ask a zillion question before
you sign the dotted line.

A bit of our history:
DW from Florida
DH from So. Cal.
Michelin LT XPS
68 Harley FLH in a basket so to speak
2004 R-Vision Trail-lite (gone)
2007 Mountaineer TT 1st new one(gone)
2009 Montana F3465SA (The Best ever)
2007 F-350 6.0 D
2012 Shih Tzu (The boss)
Jim & DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 09:30 AM   #3
dandjh1958

Welcome Welcome Welcome! We have the same trailer and just love it! I just finished pretty much full timing in it from October to January and it was fantastic.
Hubby loves the big back window (I'm OK with it... I just have to wash it more often so he can enjoy the view)
We spend most of our time camping on the Oregon coast but spreading out a little more each year. We'll head down your way one of these years!!

Happy camping!!!
Julie (and Don)
dandjh1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 04:51 PM   #4
murphysranch

We just got back - it was a 10 a.m. appt and we left there at 2 p.m. Very very thorough and enlightening. I took notes. DH nodded alot.

We did end up purchasing a 7 yr extended warranty, as we run our vehicles into the ground. It was "only" $1800 but we saved by me finding a used $100 EZ equalizing/anti sway bar. I originally told them I wanted the Equalizer for about $600-$700.

I also switched insurance companies. I had contracted with USAA that farmed me out to Progressive, but I'm changing to their plan, a bit more money and alot more coverage, which I feel is important as we are so new to all of this.

If the Calif weather will hold, we're off some weekend soon to do our maiden voyage. When (not if) we find things, we'll go back and get them fixed along with the new back window that they have to order for me, due to some distortion/rainbow defect.
murphysranch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 08:37 AM   #5
commish

Welcome to the forum. You will find a world of information about your camper and tons of inspiring projects that others have done with their rigs.
Stop in often, you’ll be glad you did when its comes to little things or even big thing about RVing.

Mike & Karol
2004 Montana 3295 RK
2005 GMC Topkick C5500 Crew Cab
6.6L Duramax LLY engine
B&W Companion hitch
commish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 05:03 PM   #6
ed cobos

Welcome

Welcome! we have the same trailer we bought last year and we have a great time. Last summer we spent 47 days on the road and it was amazing - from SoCal to Seattle and back. Averaged around 11 mpgs. We are going to New Mexico , Colorado and glacial park this summer. We tow with a f150 v8 and have no issues - what is your tv?
Have a great at time
ed cobos is offline   Reply With Quote