Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 12-18-2013, 04:13 PM   #1
dandjh1958

wish me luck!

I bought my DH a Dish tailgater and receiver for Christmas. I set it up at home and just activated it today. On Friday, we'll take the set up and see if we can just plug it into our 2012 Hideout. Should work but some people I've talked to the past two months said it wasn't as simple as that.
At least I know everything works if hooked up directly.

Hubby can't live without television when we camp!

Happy Camping!!
Julie (and Don)
dandjh1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 07:25 AM   #2
shov

Enjoy the time out and let us know how the trial run goes! And Merry Christmas...
shov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 07:31 PM   #3
Jim Dow

Tailgater Setup

The Tailgater works great after the initial setup. The initial setup can take some time - sometimes you have to call in to service and get help with the setup. Just remember your ID and password.
Jim Dow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 07:21 PM   #4
dandjh1958

OK- I was hoping that I could just hook the tailgater into the Sat Prep connection on my trailer, plug the receiver into the wall and HDMI from the receiver to the television. This was the first thing I tried and no signal to the receiver.

then I knew from other posting on this forum that some people had problems with the antenna booster so I unhooked the jumper and then plugged the RG6 from the bottom connection into the receiver (HDMI from receiver to TV already hooked up - as well as tailgater RG6 into external Sat Prep connection on my trailer). Boom! worked like a charm!!!!
Now my only dilemma is to find a good way to secure the tailgater to the top of my trailer in a strong winter storm. This past couple of weeks, we have just been setting the tailgater on the picnic table and strapping down with a lock and a couple of straps and bringing in at night.

I got one idea from a couple that had two tailgaters on their slideout. They backed out the screws (4) in the tailgater a little, attached 80 lb test and tighted the screws. then they placed 4- 10 pound weights on each of the 80 lb test line.
Should work..... we'll see

Happy Camping!!!
Julie (and Don)
dandjh1958 is offline   Reply With Quote