Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 12-07-2014, 07:14 PM   #1
fern

2014 Bullet 272bhs first year comments

We have completed the first year with our 2014 Bullet 272bhs and here are just a few comments.

DISLIKES
- The mattress is the worst ever; we will have to look at alternatives for next year. It is sad that all manufacturers put junk into new units.
The flatware drawer is in the lower part of a cabinet which makes it difficult to use.
No outlet under the table, or anywhere in the pullout.
TV remote is not user friendly; difficult to use and understand.
The upright angle of the ladder makes it hard to use.
No wall space to hang a towel rack in the bathroom.
No wall space for a toilet paper holder; we bought a free standing TP holder.
Laundry chute is useless.
The thermostat is hard to operate and read; it does not light up and is almost impossible to read at night.
I am working on how to eliminate back/forth sway when we set up our TT. Will look into the X-Chock system to see if this may help.

Outside passthru has good size which allows you to store large objects.
Large depth pullout is excellent; we were able to set up our grandkid’s Pack and Play and still had room to walk around it.
Two outside entry doors are a plus, but the rear door is narrower.
Electric awning is very convenient, but the pitch (too allow rain water to go to one side) does not stay adjusted. It loosens up and returns to horizontal after a few hours. Also, I am leery on how much wind it will take when down.
Easy to pull; I have a 2012 Ram 1500 with 5.7 Hemi. Normally get 9-10 mpg; once got 11.2 mpg but I had a 30 mph tail wind.
The 300 lb weight limit on each bunk is nice; some manufacturers only rate their bunks for 150-200 lbs.
Fridge takes a little longer to cool on initial startup; our dealer said the gas setting will cool faster than AC current.
Jealousy windows are great.
Large pantry but we had to add brackets and additional shelves at our expense.
Alcoves in bunk areas are a plus.
This trailer is higher which handles going in and out of driveways without hanging up. I also use a drill to lower and raise the stabilizers.

If I think of anything else I’d add to a future post. Would appreciate any comments from other Bullet owners.
fern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 07:31 PM   #2
cabinfever

A memory foam mattress topper will make for a better nights sleep. We bought ours at Wal Mart.

2007 Silverado 2500HD 4X4
2013 Springdale 303BHSSR
cabinfever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 07:36 PM   #3
fern

How many inches of foam topper did you buy?
Old 12-08-2014, 07:30 AM   #4
GaryWT

Interesting thoughts and observations. We all look at things differently, we love our laundry chute, nice not having a hamper inside. As for the mattress, we hadd 2 inch foam and a 2 inch memory topper and it has been ok for 2 years. We look from time to time but dont want to spend the money on a new mattress. Our flatware (plastic) goes in a basket on the picnic table outside, lol. We have a towel hanger on the bathroom door and a freestanding TP holder as well.

Have fun.
GaryWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 10:25 AM   #5
cabinfever

Quote:
Originally Posted by fern View Post
How many inches of foam topper did you buy?
It was 3" and has "breather" holes from top to bottom. Very comfortable but keeps you warmer than a traditional mattress.

2007 Silverado 2500HD 4X4
2013 Springdale 303BHSSR
cabinfever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 11:28 AM   #6
Ken / Claudia

Your observations and evaluation is spot on. I think I am on my 9th RV. I knew the mattress was junk when looking at the trailer and put a foam topper on it. If we used the trailer for weeks at a time I would change out the mattress but, it's only 1 or 2 nights a trip. The last rv was a Artic fox and it had a great mattress. Comparing the 2 of same year/ type/size. The AF is about 12-15000 more than the Keystone. The TP and towel holder. I like the fact TP is not mounted, with small bathrooms they get in the way or broken. A portable stand works best. Towels hang on the back side of the door. If you want a rack/holder check out a folding one mounted where ever you want it. The AF had one in the shower and it worked good. They are sold at RV stores. I think RVs mainly come basic and the owners fix them up the way they need them to fit their use. That does keep the cost down since not everyone wants the TP holder mounted where some Keystone worker thinks it should go. As far as the electric awning, this is the first one for me. I love it. Rolling awning in or out with manual rods is a pain. Never leave any awning out in wind or when away from the trailer to avoid damage.
As of 05-2020, I am all done with 39 years total police work. No more uniforms for me.
Ken / Claudia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 05:57 PM   #7
therink

I recommend buying a $30 programmable digital thermostat at Walmart or Home store and ditch the factory furnace / AC thermostat. It is an easy mod.

2015 GMC Sierra Denali 3500HD, SRW, Duramax, CC, SB (payload 3700)

https://i1109.photobucket.com/albums/...65/340FBH1.jpg
therink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 03:21 PM   #8
RamRider

We left the mattress at the dealer and put in a QS memory foam mattress we bought at Sams (had the dealer move it from our old trailer - tight fit). also I gave away the TV and put a 24 inch LG in the entertainment center with a new mount, not a perfect fit, but it still rotates. Our Ram Hemi is a perfect match for pulling, mpg usually 10-12 unless we hit a head wind.

The only thing that it hard to deal with is the lack of a good place to mount the blue ray player. I never thought about a different thermostat, hmm, our 2013 was bought new Nov 2013, so we just completed one year.

Nice post, you have me thinking about a few more mods
Old 12-10-2014, 07:11 PM   #9
fern

I know what you are saying about a hamper being in the way. We use duffle bags and stow them under the bed. We also use an over the door towel hook. I got some good suggestions on mattress toppers, so now I can use the WI winter to investigate getting a topper or a new mattress.

I appreciate everyone's input.
Old 02-06-2015, 12:47 PM   #10
Moe272BHS

I find the capacity for the grey water tank extremely annoying. It seems to be under sized for a family TT?
Moe272BHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 06:07 AM   #11
fern

2014 bullet 272bhs first year comments

I agree that the grey water cap is limited, especially if everyone is only using the TT shower every day. You would be lucky to make a 7 day stay. We still use campground showers together with the TT shower. Our trips are normally 7-10 days so we guesstimate TT shower use. Plus, we never totally trust tank gauges in a TT.
Old 02-11-2015, 02:22 PM   #12
dwayneb236

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabinfever View Post
A memory foam mattress topper will make for a better nights sleep. We bought ours at Wal Mart.
Foam Topper has probably been the best thing we've bought for our trailer.
dwayneb236 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 05:02 PM   #13
cospilot

I just replaced the mattress today with a 200.00 memory foam mattress I found at the local mattress store for a discount. I extended the bed platform about 7 inches and it seems to work perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
cospilot is offline   Reply With Quote