Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 08-11-2015, 11:13 AM   #1
twindad99

Window leak

I'm a new owner of a 2009 Springdale 266 and have noticed that when it rains, water leaks in through the window by the kitchen / back doo. Has anyone else seen this? This window slides to open. I'm looking for suggestions on how to repair.
twindad99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 11:34 AM   #2
SteveC7010

Quote:
Originally Posted by twindad99 View Post
I'm a new owner of a 2009 Springdale 266 and have noticed that when it rains, water leaks in through the window by the kitchen / back door. Has anyone else seen this? This window slides to open. I'm looking for suggestions on how to repair.
Just so we're all on the same page about your window, does it slide up and down like this:

Or left and right like this:

And can you tell us exactly where the water appears to be entering? Depending on how the water enters, the fixes are quite different.

'11 Cougar 326MKS loaded with mods
'12 Ford F250 SuperCab 6.7 PowerStroke Diesel
Amateur Radio: KD2IAT (146.520) GMRS: WQPG808 (462.675 TPL 141.3)
SteveC7010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 01:09 AM   #3
rjsurfer

I had whay I thought was a window leak and it turned out to be coming from the roof!

It's very difficult sometimes to pinpoint a leak, you have to look at it carefully.

The clue for me that it wasn't the window seal was the water dripping in had a brownish tinge to it. Indicating the water was travelling down the wall and soaking the filon as it went.

Good luck

Ron W.
700 watts solar
2000 watt inverter
rjsurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 11:46 AM   #4
twindad99

Sorry, the window is the one on the bottom. It opens from side-to-side. The water is accumulating in the track on the bottom where the two pieces come together.
twindad99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
window leak springdale