Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 05-29-2020, 01:51 PM   #21
travelin texans

Click image for larger version

Name:	40064__34273.1479923235.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	31.9 KB
ID:	27708
To be clear, this is NOT a "regulator" regardless of what they call it, it restricts the flow to reduce the pressure, it restricts all flow regardless of incoming pressure.

Name:   shopping.jpeg
Views: 308
Size:  8.2 KB
This IS an adjustable "regulator", typically comes preset at 50-55 psi which is a good pressure within the ratings of the rv piping. It will reduce the incoming pressure from a spigot to it's set point if higher, it will not increase low pressure.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 05:24 PM   #22
mikz86ta

Yup, the former is what I got and I'd all goes well tomorrow getting a actual regulator, the former will find its way to the recycling bin.

The latter is what I was trying to buy last time. Just no one had it in stock locally.
mikz86ta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 09:05 AM   #23
MrEnto

Put all the restrictive stuff close to the trailer and run full pressure through the 50’er. I’d put the regulator right at the trailer. It’s definitely a flow/volume issue and not a pressure issue.
MrEnto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 09:19 AM   #24
mikz86ta

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrEnto View Post
Put all the restrictive stuff close to the trailer and run full pressure through the 50’er. I’d put the regulator right at the trailer. It’s definitely a flow issue and not a pressure issue.
May try that thanks.

I bought an adjustable regulator and it's set at 50. Seems to be doing well this way. It's still at the spickot but I may move it closer by the rig
Old 06-04-2020, 10:36 AM   #25
jimborokz

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikz86ta View Post
May try that thanks.

I bought an adjustable regulator and it's set at 50. Seems to be doing well this way. It's still at the spickot but I may move it closer by the rig
I have a pressure gauge that I use to check water pressure every time I get to a CG. I have tested my system up to 100 psi and i have an adjustable regulator that is set for 55-60 psi. If the CG is below 60 I don't use the regulator. I've only found one CG that was 85 psi so I use the regulator. I like good pressure for showers. Have had pressure drops before and it has always been the filter clogged with sediment. Now I set up my hoses and turn on the spigot and run a direct sprayer for a few seconds to clean out any sediment that may be in the spigot.
jimborokz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 12:09 PM   #26
LHaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
First, disconnect your water line at the city water connection on the side of the trailer. Turn on the campground faucet and verify that you have constant pressure. Likely you will see a "good initial stream followed by a drop in volume/pressure" If so, you can conclude that, at least, a part of your problem is the Camco restrictor/regulator.
Also useful to remove the regulator and test the spigot, because the pressure issue could be the campground's. Our house does this.
Old 06-04-2020, 03:45 PM   #27
mikz86ta

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimborokz View Post
I have a pressure gauge that I use to check water pressure every time I get to a CG. I have tested my system up to 100 psi and i have an adjustable regulator that is set for 55-60 psi. If the CG is below 60 I don't use the regulator. I've only found one CG that was 85 psi so I use the regulator. I like good pressure for showers. Have had pressure drops before and it has always been the filter clogged with sediment. Now I set up my hoses and turn on the spigot and run a direct sprayer for a few seconds to clean out any sediment that may be in the spigot.
Sound like a good plan. Thanks for the tip
Old 06-04-2020, 03:46 PM   #28
mikz86ta

Quote:
Originally Posted by MerlinB View Post
Check the inlet screen in the city water connection on your RV. You may have one at the inlet of your pressure regulator also.
Screens look good and clean. Thanks for the tip
Old 06-04-2020, 03:47 PM   #29
Roscommon48

clean all of your screens and disconnect everything the hose is connected to.

i had my screen at the intake stop my water flow at one time.
Roscommon48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 04:07 PM   #30
travelin texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrEnto View Post
Put all the restrictive stuff close to the trailer and run full pressure through the 50’er. I’d put the regulator right at the trailer. It’s definitely a flow/volume issue and not a pressure issue.
The issue with the real regulator hanging at the RV end is the weight hanging from the plastic inlet fitting on most rvs will break it sooner than later.
Also if the spigot pressure is high it's likely to rupture the hose.
Had a couple with a new TT park next to us that hooked up at a park with high water pressure with their cheapo restrictor at the RV end, in about 30 minutes their water hose looked like a football was flowing through it, don't know how it it didn't blow up.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 05:24 AM   #31
geeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikz86ta View Post
So, in between storms a few days ago I was able to determine that the pressure regulator is faulty.
The Camco with gauge non-adjustable model. The pressure on the gauge is at the lower green area and if you turn any faucet on it drops middle yellow. Tap the regulator with my finger and it jumps up a bit. I took it off for inspection but there was very little deposits. I tapped it a few times. Put back on and the initial pressure was better inside the RV but not at normal capacity. Ran straight hose past filters to RV no regulator and it was perfect inside RV. Ran past regulator and thru filters and still perfect inside RV. Put regulator back in, low pressure but sufficient to keep the spray button ON for the kitchen faucet. Ran like that the rest of the evening only to find it got weak again. So I'm going to buy a new regulator at this point.

The inside of the Camco regulator seems like a janky design. Nothing more than a brass block to reduce flow. I don't recall how my Valterra one looked inside
Not sure if you can flush out buy spraying water backwards through the regulator.

I like my Adjustable Regulator with actual pressure gauge so you know what it is.
geeman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water, water pressure