Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 05-15-2020, 08:24 AM   #1
dsquared007

Siren Like Sound from Jensen Stereo

Howdy Folks.

I've read some earlier threads regarding issues with squeals from stereo, etc. but it didn't really answer the issue, so here goes. 2020 Fuzion 429 with Jensen JWM90A stereo. While wintering in Arizona (3 months after taking possession), after about an hour of play, a siren like sound started to come out of ALL zone speakers even with volume off. Contacted ASA Electronics and they said could be bad HDMI cable, bad sound bar, yada yada. Even emailed video with audio to ASA for their assessment/information. In any event sent unit back to ASA and received new one. Installed same and worked great for a while, then same thing happened. This happens regardless of what function is being used, ie: TV, radio, cd/dvd, bluetooth, etc. And, no, the alarm function is not on. Here is what I've done to try and isolate the problem to no avail.

1. replaced HDMI cable
2. disconnected sound bar to take out of equation (just ran sound thru other zone un-amplified speakers (Sony)
3. changed wiring harness that came with replacement unit and checked all connections.

Any and all suggestions welcome. It's frustrating because the system otherwise is very good.

Thx & Cheers,
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191212_175018.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	150.7 KB
ID:	27344  
Old 08-17-2022, 04:16 PM   #2
Computerdr74

Same issue!

I, too, am experiencing the same issue with the JWM90A. Same speakers, same make of 5th wheel. I have a fuzion 369 that does this. Did you ever get it resolved??
Computerdr74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2022, 04:49 PM   #3
dsquared007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Computerdr74 View Post
I, too, am experiencing the same issue with the JWM90A. Same speakers, same make of 5th wheel. I have a fuzion 369 that does this. Did you ever get it resolved??
I was on my 3rd Jensen unit. The last replacement was from my dealer. It crapped out like the other previous two units. I trashed it along with the soundbar and replaced with a Furrion system on my own dime. I'm NOT a Jensen fan. Good luck getting yours sorted out.
Old 08-17-2022, 05:11 PM   #4
jasin1

well i would have bet $1000 you wouldn’t have responded to such an old post…Bravo my good man …well done
Old 08-18-2022, 02:05 PM   #5
dsquared007

👍 If people don't respond and create input it kind of defeats the purpose of it all. 😎
dsquared007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2022, 02:15 PM   #6
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsquared007 View Post
👍 If people don't respond and create input it kind of defeats the purpose of it all. 😎
Be kind now! Brian had to rip himself away from youtube to make that inane comment. Your posts detailing a failing with the radio might help someone to at least know that Jensen isn't the way to go.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2022, 02:52 PM   #7
jasin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiredgeorge View Post
Be kind now! Brian had to rip himself away from youtube to make that inane comment. Your posts detailing a failing with the radio might help someone to at least know that Jensen isn't the way to go.
well george my “inane” comment was not meant to be mean….it was a post that was 2 years old with a member that had one post per year and 3 total posts i believe…USUALLY when someone asks a question for a more then one year old post someone will chime in and say the post is x number of years old and the op hasn’t signed on since x amount of time…i was pleasantly surprised that the op responded back so quickly or even at all…i was impressed …i don’t have a way with words and phrases like you do…my apologies
Old 08-18-2022, 03:29 PM   #8
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasin1 View Post
well george my “inane” comment was not meant to be mean….it was a post that was 2 years old with a member that had one post per year and 3 total posts i believe…USUALLY when someone asks a question for a more then one year old post someone will chime in and say the post is x number of years old and the op hasn’t signed on since x amount of time…i was pleasantly surprised that the op responded back so quickly or even at all…i was impressed …i don’t have a way with words and phrases like you do…my apologies
Don't apologize to me! I am the biggest jerk on the forum and I work hard at it. This thread, even though a bit old has proven useful. Glad I replaced my old Sony stereo with CD changer (not working) with another ancient stereo with a CD changer that works. It took me three trips out to figure out it has a "display" mode that would be used in a store to watch it scroll through all the functions (which are disabled in display mode) for advertising in a store unit.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2022, 04:04 PM   #9
jasin1

thanks George…i did some research and it looks like the jwm60 and 90 jensen radio has these issues..someone on etrailer had the problem and said they traced it to the charging circuit…i guess on the converter..maybe after an hour the converter kicks in to charge the batteries and your hearing that noise through a shared ground wire..the person stated they were showing that the load from the radio was affecting the charge parameter and they apparently switched to a different circuit and the problem was solved…maybe they put the radio on a different fused circuit?..it does sound like when you can hear a alternator thru a car stereo speakers..also they recommend resetting the radio but i’m leaning towards interference from the converter …possibly the jensen radios need a specific way to ground them or a filter around the power wire…same kind of thing we were talking about with tv losing signal…maybe even the led lights?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	703B6FEE-1A5D-4844-9A17-85E6DE8D71EF.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	137.1 KB
ID:	41252   Click image for larger version

Name:	963A2EA1-7549-4C9F-A693-93411B559967.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	123.3 KB
ID:	41253  

Tags
jensen, stereo