Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 01-16-2023, 11:37 AM   #1
conwayjy

2020 keystone sprinter remote

Does anyone know what the little remote control does on 2020 keystone sprinter? I think it is supposed to work with the landing gear and lights & pop outs but never been able to get it to work. When we bought the 5th wheel none of remotes or keys were with the rig. They had to order new ones because camping world misplaced them. They never showed us how to work anything. CAMPING WORLD OF CHARLOTTE SUCKS unhappy campers. When I called Keystone said yeah we can send a tech out but it's going to cost you.
conwayjy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2023, 12:01 PM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

If they ordered new keys and a new remote transmitter (hand held component) it has to be "synced to the receiver" or your trailer will not recognize the remote.

In other words, like your garage door opener is "synced" to only the frequency of YOUR garage door and won't work to open the neighbor's door, your trailer remote unit has to be synced to work with YOUR trailer system.

If that hasn't been done, then neither the receiver in the trailer or the transmitter in your hand will recognize each other.

I'd guess that's your "first problem". After you get that step working, then it's to determine whether, after 3 or 4 years of not being used, if the receiver (and all its relays) is still operational. Hopefully it still works, but being stored in bad storage conditions (temperature and humidity) for all these years, who knows until you turn it on and "smoke test it".....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2023, 03:00 PM   #3
conwayjy

First of all thanks for your reply. We have it set on a permenent camp site and we use it almost every weekend. So how would I sync the remote and transmitter?
Old 01-17-2023, 03:13 PM   #4
JRTJH
Site Team

There are several different types of remote systems and each of them has a slightly different procedure to "sync the system". Here's a link to the Lippert electronics support page: https://support.lci1.com/electronics...-and-receivers

Go to that page, find "YOUR REMOTE SYSTEM" and then go to the Technical Information tab and download the manual for YOUR remote. The "sync prodedure" will be in the manual.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2023, 03:17 PM   #5
conwayjy

Thank you very much!!!!! I will check it out. I appreciate your help!!

Tags
keystone, remote, sprinter