Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 01-08-2023, 09:29 AM   #1
K9Rasco

Microwave Trim Piece (1760bh)

Hello all,

I have a 2022 Springdale mini 1760 BH and it did not come with a microwave trim piece. I had to take it to the dealership regarding some lot damage and asked if they could install one while they had it. After about a month in service, I get to call yesterday saying that it's done. I asked about the trim piece and they said that they called keystone and they said that that model does not come with one. My question is, did any of yours come with the microwave trim piece from the factory?

Thanks.
K9Rasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2023, 10:39 AM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

Welcome to the forum

Can you post a pic? I have seen some models in some trailers without a trim piece.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2023, 10:46 AM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

You can go to this link: https://www.rvtrader.com/Keystone-Sp...1760BH%7C55763 and view photos of about fifty (50) new Springdale 1760BH trailers that are for sale around the country. Some of them do have microwaves, some of those microwaves are "just sitting in the open space", some of them are "installed with a mounting plate around the microwave" and some of the trailers have a "big open space where the microwave would go"....

So, there's no "one rule applies to every microwave in every Springdale 1760BH.

My "guess" would be that in 2022, the microwave may have been an optional item, either installed at the factory (with no mounting plate) or installed at the dealership (could be with or without a mounting plate, depending on the dealer" or sold without the optional microwave.....

Looking at both the 2022 east and west brochures, there is no "standard/optional features" listing. In the 2021 brochures, the microwave is listed as a standard galley feature and it's also listed as a standard feature in the 2023 year models. Why there are several for sale around the country with "open spaces" and some with a mounting plate while some do not have the mounting plate would lead me to believe that during the 2022 model year production, there were some changes made due to appliance availability.

Those "changes without notice" are not usually something Keystone will go back and change under warranty after the sale. It's a "What you buy is what you get" kind of situation.

All that is "addressed by the statement: "All features, floorplans and specifications are subject to change without notice".

Unfortunately, you may find that you have no recourse with Keystone. Possibly, if your dealer installed the microwave after it was delivered to them, they may be able to install a mounting plate for a reasonable price or possibly even as a "customer satisfaction" with no charge. You won't get that kind of service "with vinegar" so keep things "pleasant and civil" if you approach the dealer with that kind of request.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2023, 03:42 PM   #4
sourdough
Site Team

As John pointed out, there is no telling why your trailer does not have a trim ring; obviously Keystone doesn't think it had one. This is another reason that a walk thru is critical and all missing, broken, inoperable etc. items noted, repairs agreed on with or without warranty and then checked off as they are completed.

In this case I think it would be far simpler, quicker and easier to just find the trim ring for the microwave from the manufacturer and buy one. I've done it many times for RV and res. The problem will be is if that particular microwave did not have a trim ring option....then you're kind of stuck.

I've seen RVs with a microwave just stuck in a cubby hole, I don't know how that worked out for the owner as I've never had that - I either didn't have one, in a cubby hole with trim ring retainer or cabinet undermount. I've traveled enough rough roads, and shifted enough "stuff" inside the RV, that I wouldn't have an unsecured microwave sitting in the cubby.

If you can't find a trim ring, don't want to buy a new microwave that has one or fabricate some kind of retainer ring, the least I would do is fabricate some kind of fasteners that I could screw into the sides/bottom of that cubby and attach to the microwave.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2023, 08:25 AM   #5
travelin texans

Lowes/HD have decorative metal screens in several colors & styles, find one & fabricate your own.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote