Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 10-26-2022, 03:46 AM   #21
Greg1780

Well my next action will have to be Civil Action against Keystone, and that WILL Happen. I’ve learned a lot about Keystones promises and lies, there is a (3) year structural warranty.
2021 Ram 2500 Laramie 6.7 Diesel
Greg1780 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2022, 05:07 AM   #22
JRTJH
Site Team

Be careful with how you use those words of "lawyer threat" with Keystone. THOR (Keystone's parent company) has a bigger legal team than the DOJ. When/if you threaten Keystone with legal action, they likely will send you a form letter stating that your claim has been referred to the legal department and any/all future correspondence would need to be directed "from your lawyer to ours"...

Essentially, when you use those words, ALL decisions on your repair will be put on hold pending the judgement. Often times, the length of that kind of delay can put any repair work on your trailer so far into the future that you'll be "old and gray" before the roof is repaired...

Best to "stay out of court" and "keep those cards very, VERY close to your chest" or you may not see a resolution until sometime in the 2030's or even later...

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2022, 05:14 AM   #23
Greg1780

Honestly, that’s the LAST place I want to go.
Old 10-26-2022, 05:39 AM   #24
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg1780 View Post
Honestly, that’s the LAST place I want to go.
Give Alpha Systems and the "upper management at Keystone" a chance to do the right thing. I've seen many more "quiet and out of the spotlight positive resolutions" from that kind of action than I have the "glaring, obvious negative results"...

Remember that Keystone is either the biggest or one of the biggest manufacturers of travel trailers. They didn't grow that large be "screwing everyone they possibly can" rather they grew that large by making people happy with their products.

I think your best bet at this point is to "patiently wait for Keystone's response". If you haven't heard from them in a week or so, I'd recommend, rather than "kick Keystone", it might be more effective to ask Alpha Systems if they've received any response from Keystone's "upper management"....

Unless Alpha Systems has sent you the names of who they contacted at Keystone, all your correspondence will be with the Customer Service department, and that will set up a "he said/she said" with someone who probably doesn't know what is happening in the "upper managment circles" far above their paygrade. If you react to the "misinformation provided by the peon" you may, unintentionally "shut down the bosses help".....

It's time, IMO, to give the system time to work in your favor wtihout any threats to expedite what often takes time for the boss to simply read the email from Alpha Systems, dictate a memo and have his secretary send it "through the proper channels to the warranty department head, who takes care of authorizing the fix. Prods to the telephone tree can "cut down the wrong tree and where it falls could make your fix impossible"......

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2022, 05:56 AM   #25
Greg1780

You’re exactly right, I’m just trying to keep this large investment in (1) piece. Communications is key to everything today. I purchased the 5th Wheel because I believed it’s a quality unit. Nobody has slammed Keystone at this point in time and yes, the management system needs the opportunity to work, but I appreciate any and all assistance from fellow RV’ers.
Old 10-26-2022, 08:48 AM   #26
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg1780 View Post
Well my next action will have to be Civil Action against Keystone, and that WILL Happen. I’ve learned a lot about Keystones promises and lies, there is a (3) year structural warranty.

If you pursue the route above you need to have 100 - 200k free cash to invest in a lawyer as Keystone protracts this out over a period of years while your legal representative bills you. Typically they will do this until you either give up or run out of money (thrown away). I've done this before (not with Keystone) and the amount of cash you put out up front will make your nose bleed....and if the settlement doesn't go your way, or reimburse you for legal expenses, you could have bought another trailer cash and saved money.

Work with the companies, push the right buttons, use the right demeanor and let them know you appreciate any help they can/will give you. How you present yourself, your case and your knowledge of the situation and expected resolution will make a world of difference in the outcome.
sourdough is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2022, 08:58 AM   #27
wiredgeorge

Nonsense guys! You just need the right lawyer... (when the gubbermint started letting lawyers run TV ads I suspect the dignity of the profession went down a couple tics)

2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2022, 09:41 AM   #28
Greg1780

Sounds good
Old 04-15-2024, 06:04 AM   #29
tallen

I am sorry to bring this up but what happen to be the outcome? Did they replace the roof, did they deny it again, OP can you give an update?
2005 F250 6.0L 4x4 Diesel SRW

tallen is offline   Reply With Quote