Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 10-21-2022, 10:35 AM   #1
Beer2Brew

Battery not being charged by Converter and only by solar and Genset

I pulled my factory lead acid out and put in a 200ah lithium. Since then my SOC has been going down while plugged in to 50 amp service (Goes up a little during the day due to solar) and never makes it back up to 100 until I run the generator for a couple of hours.

I reset my Victron to the lithium profile along with the charging specs of the battery. I've verified my circuit breaker isn't tripped and the fuses look good.

Any other thought to where to look for this?
Beer2Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2022, 10:44 AM   #2
markcee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beer2Brew View Post
I pulled my factory lead acid out and put in a 200ah lithium. Since then my SOC has been going down while plugged in to 50 amp service (Goes up a little during the day due to solar) and never makes it back up to 100 until I run the generator for a couple of hours.

I reset my Victron to the lithium profile along with the charging specs of the battery. I've verified my circuit breaker isn't tripped and the fuses look good.

What model converter do you have? It may not be lithium capable.
markcee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2022, 11:33 AM   #3
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beer2Brew View Post

The bolded part needs some clarification. Are you using the generator to power the 50 Amp shore cable? If that's your setup then there should be no difference between shore power and generator.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2022, 12:08 PM   #4
Beer2Brew

Quote:
Originally Posted by markcee View Post
Thanks! I never thought of that it has the SolarFlex but I'll look it up as soon as I find it. Not behind the breaker box next place... the underbelly behind all of my crap.
Old 10-26-2022, 05:48 AM   #5
Beer2Brew

Quote:
Originally Posted by markcee View Post
After lots of digging and searching, it was a component in the power box that slid into the side of it. The converter is a PD4590TB and after researching that... There is a Lead Acid/Lithium switch labeled LI/LA. I've switched it and will see how things go.

Thanks markcee for the help.

Tags
battery, converter, solar