Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 10-17-2022, 08:13 PM   #1
Scott Brown

Drawer will not close

I have a 2022 Keystone Legacy. A couple of the bedroom drawers will not close all the way. It is like they are stuck. I know adjustment is needed but not sure exactly what to adjust. Any suggestions?
Scott Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2022, 04:54 AM   #2
wiredgeorge

Scott Brown, Suggest you put a signature together with year, make and model of your camper and the same for your tow vehicle so answers to your questions will have context. This has become a rule on this site. Also, you might want to specify which drawer(s) you refer to and a picture would help.

https://www.keystoneforums.com/forum...ad.php?t=52977
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2022, 07:04 AM   #3
dutchmensport

A drawer is a drawer. They are on slide rollers. A couple of things might have happened. Either the frame the roller is attached to has come loose, causing the drawer to simply dangle and hit something before its completely closed.

Or the slide rollers were simply installed out of align from each other, or miss-alligned causing the back of the drawer to hit something before it actually closes.

If one side came loose, the rollers are binding, not allowing the slide roller to catch or clip itself in the final closed position. They are very, very touchy and have to be aligned just right.

My guess, the frame that holds the roller in place has broken loose. That's the most common cause. Every camper I've had (all 4 of them) I've had to reinforce the framing for the drawers because they simply came apart. Oh, they put a hundred staples in the frame but they hit nothing on the other side! Getting those staples out to put a single dry-wall wood screw in it's place was the biggest challenge!
Old 10-20-2022, 03:04 AM   #4
MandK

Scott, you mention legacy, is this a Montana with the soft self closures? If so, the track on the drawer side may be misaligned with the self closure pin on the cabinet rail. I had one that needed shimming after the rig had a couple thousand miles on it.
MandK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2022, 03:40 AM   #5
JRTJH
Site Team

Also remember that the Keystone warranty only covers "adjustments and alignments" for the first 90 days of ownership. The dealer may do it and simply pay for the alignment of the drawer, but Keystone won't reimburse his expense.

If it's a "repair" then they'll pay, but not for an "adjustment or alignment" after that magic 90 days.....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote