Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 06-04-2022, 08:53 PM   #1
CactusCaptain

Need Exterior Trim Panel

Where can i find exterior trim parts?

Just over a year old, about 7500 miles on Goodyear tires and rear axle tire blew.

Damaging the trim skirt. Need to replace it.

Any idea where to get the part?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20220604_145218.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	267.2 KB
ID:	40048  
CactusCaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2022, 08:56 PM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

That’s called J wrap. Your biggest problem is going to be the fact that it only comes in 8 ft pieces minimum.

This is one time IMO that a trip to the dealer may be a good thing. The dealer might be able to get a piece sent inside a trailer from the factory.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2022, 06:07 AM   #3
CactusCaptain

Thanks Chuckster
Old 06-05-2022, 07:58 AM   #4
sourdough
Site Team

Chuck is right. When I used to wander around inside the dealership repair bays etc. they had all kinds of trim etc. stored that was left over from other repair jobs (including my sheet of uhmw!!). They might have some J wrap that will work on site. The fender will probably be a different thing but they might have something that will work - gave a new one to the dealership for an old trailer so they could use on a repair because I didn't need it. You might get lucky.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2022, 08:08 AM   #5
CactusCaptain

I appreciate the replies. Thanks
Old 06-05-2022, 10:31 AM   #6
JRTJH
Site Team

The nice thing about trailers is that you can't see both sides at the same time... So, if the fender skirt is "a little bit different" it won't matter anyway, since you can't see them "side by side to compare" anyway....

We owned our Cougar for about 3 or 4 years before I realized (discovered) that the "swoop decals on the curb side are 2014 edition and the swoop decals on the road side are 2012/2013 edition. Same color, same swoops b(sort of), but on one side there's 8 in a specific arrangement and on the other side, there's 6 swoops and they aren't arranged the same or even in the same place....

And the discovery was purely accidental. I was looking at some photos we'd taken and somehow, two photos (one of each side) happened to be on the computer screen at the same time. They didn't look the same and I thought, well, let me go outside and check this out. It took holding the photos next to the opposing side of the trailer to confirm the differences... Even looking at one side then walking around the trailer was "impossible to compare what's stuck on the FILON siding"....

I'm almost afraid to see if both my fender skirts have the "circle K" emblem on the center hangdown

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2023, 03:31 AM   #7
tomd

Need SAME part- any luck?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CactusCaptain View Post
Where can i find exterior trim parts?

Just over a year old, about 7500 miles on Goodyear tires and rear axle tire blew.

Damaging the trim skirt. Need to replace it.

Any idea where to get the part?

Help if you can, dealer just unable to get right part, have wrong part from him already.
I need exactly same piece you do, about 2 feet worth. Can you tell me if you got part? and where?
Old 07-28-2023, 04:31 AM   #8
wiredgeorge

OP hasn't been on the site since June 2022. You may not hear from him.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2023, 05:56 AM   #9
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomd View Post
Help if you can, dealer just unable to get right part, have wrong part from him already.
I need exactly same piece you do, about 2 feet worth. Can you tell me if you got part? and where?
It's not uncommon for the dealer to "get the wrong part" when ordering "special needs items" like J-wrap, FILON siding, paint in a specific color, vinyl wrapped molding, etc. I'd refuse the "wrong item" from the dealership and give them a second chance.

As posted in this and in many other threads, most dealerships do have "surplus extra lengths of coroplast, J-wrap, and such sitting in a corner or behind a tool box, that were left over from a previous job. If there are other dealerships or even independent RV service businesses in your area, it might be worth a call to them to see if they might have what you need, stashed away in a corner.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2023, 02:08 PM   #10
CactusCaptain

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomd View Post

Hey Tom

Try this place. This is where i got mine.

J-Wrap Side Panel for Glendale Travel Trailers & Fifth Wheels
https://www.icondirect.com/panel-skirting-j-wrap/

https://www.icondirect.com/panel-skirting-j-wrap/