Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 11-28-2021, 09:38 AM   #21
Gunny Mike

We had the Furion camera installed when we selected our Outback 341RD. Wife wanted it so she wouldn't have to get out of the TV. I use it to peek at my rear carrier and the turd tank on the ladder. Use it when passing at times in bumper to bumper traffic or when passing. For backing up I use my mirrors then maybe look at the camera to find the site picnic table that always creeps in and tries to hit me.
Gunny Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2021, 10:14 AM   #22
Dcowboys2002

We also had the furrion pre wire and found the furrion to be pricey, I bought a camera from Tadi Brothers talk to Eddie he’s the best. Good quality stuff and the have the adapter to go to furrion so there’s no splicing, although splicing into it is no big deal.
Dcowboys2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2021, 11:59 AM   #23
Roper46

Quote:
Originally Posted by LERD View Post
I know this is a little off track but.... has anyone used their backup camera as part of a dash cam? And if so, which model of dash cam are you using? I'm convinced of the need for one after watching hours of footage. Its unbelievable the number of rude, impatient, wreckless and downright dangerous drivers are out there. But I have also witnessed this as well first hand everyday at work. And many have no sense of accountability. They'll smash into you and just take off. Or worse, and try to scam you.
That's one of the reasons I went with the Haloview RD10, it also has a dash cam. The other reason is the monitor actually fits over your inside rear view mirror, since it is of no use while towing. See attached pic. The part sticking out to the left of the monitor is the dash cam. The monitor in the pic has the split screen. But you can just touch either spilt and it's full screen.

I did not want another monitor on my dash, as I have my Garmin RV 785 on the dash. It has a really good dash cam that I use daily. You can also get a Garmin backup camera that works with the GPS monitor. But I wasn't impressed with the reviews on the backup camera.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20210825_114143.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	214.1 KB
ID:	37293  
6.7L I6 CTD with Air Suspension
6 Speed Automatic 68RFE Transmission
Roper46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2021, 05:01 PM   #24
LERD

Thank you, going to their website now
LERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2022, 03:33 AM   #25
Tazman22

Hello again fellow RV'rs and thank you for the last help with my voltage/fridge issue. My next question is i planning on purchasing the Haloview RD7S Max. Now since my 5ver is not pre-wired can this be installed on my rig and how hard would it be? I have a 2019 Alpine 3710FL. Thank you all again for the great information. Again this place is great.
Tazman22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2022, 05:52 AM   #26
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazman22 View Post
Hello again fellow RV'rs and thank you for the last help with my voltage/fridge issue. My next question is i planning on purchasing the Haloview RD7S Max. Now since my 5ver is not pre-wired can this be installed on my rig and how hard would it be? I have a 2019 Alpine 3710FL. Thank you all again for the great information. Again this place is great.
According to the 2019 Alpine brochure: https://library.rvusa.com/brochure/2...one_Alpine.pdf the "rear observation camera prep" is standard on all 2019 Alpine fifth wheels. It may be a "decal on the rear wall that shows where to cut the hole to find the wires" or it may be an adapter that's already wired for a plug and play camera. If there's an adapter mounted on the rear wall, you can find conversion kits to adapt the mount to a variety of popular rear camera brands... You aren't "stuck with what fits that mount socket"....

Do a little investigating on your trailer's rear wall, I'd suspect you'll find that you don't have to start from scratch....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2022, 12:49 PM   #27
dadnjesse

I also bought the Furrion for my 40 foot fifthwheel. I have never had any problems, other the the price.
dadnjesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2022, 01:32 PM   #28
sourdough
Site Team

The picture of the back cap in the lower left corner of page 5 shows the Furrion mount as I have on my trailer so it shouldn't be from scratch. The mount is right under the top center light.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote