Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 08-04-2021, 08:29 PM   #1
Rman001

2521RL Toilet Issues

Hello,

First time buyer and RVer, Bought my 2521RL during Covid to get out. Long story short our toilet happens to be a Dometic 300.. a leaky one, if you don’t know what I am talking about it basically leaks sewage into a compartment of the toilet causing a horrible odor, EVERY TRIP. I need to replace it but not sure what to replace it with due to it being soo close to the wall. Anyone replace theirs yet? Looking at a Dometic 310. I would like to replace that and trade it in. Too many other things I am unsatisfied with. Thanks for your help.
Rman001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 09:21 PM   #2
bobbecky

The center of the drain to the wall rough in dimension for a 300 toilet is 8.5 inches. For the 310 toilet, the rough in dimension is 10 inches, so if you have at least a couple inches between the wall and the back of the 300 toilet as it's installed, you will probably be able to fit a 310 in it's place. Unfortunately, even if you trade this rig in for a different one, you likely will be just trading one set of problems for a different set of problems, so, if you basically like this rig, you might be better off just dealing with whatever issues you have now, use the rig for a while until you can find something better or different, and then trade if you still want to. Good luck.
bobbecky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 07:30 AM   #3
skids

There is a youtube video on the problem and the fix. It doesn’t look difficult but hey it could be nasty. Personally I would tackle the job and make sure it was fixed properly.
Old 08-05-2021, 08:32 AM   #4
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rman001 View Post
Hello,

First time buyer and RVer, Bought my 2521RL during Covid to get out. Long story short our toilet happens to be a Dometic 300.. a leaky one, if you don’t know what I am talking about it basically leaks sewage into a compartment of the toilet causing a horrible odor, EVERY TRIP. I need to replace it but not sure what to replace it with due to it being soo close to the wall. Anyone replace theirs yet? Looking at a Dometic 310. I would like to replace that and trade it in. Too many other things I am unsatisfied with. Thanks for your help.
If you bought your trailer new, then your Dometic 300 is still in warranty. There is no need for you to "buy a replacement toilet". Contact Dometic to discuss your problems.

Here is a "recent update" from another website:

"July 2021 UPDATE from Lara Perkins: I work at Dometic and THERE IS NO RECALL ON THE TOILETS. DO NOT call in and ask the Dometic Recall Center if there is a recall on the toilets. It is a warranty issue, call this number 800-544-4881 and there are two separate messages, press 1 for the first message and then 7 for the second message. The best time to call is 8:30am or 4:40 pm."

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 05:07 PM   #5
NH_Bulldog

I had a toilet with the issue described. Dometic replaced it under warranty, but while I was waiting for the pandemic-delayed shipment, I took my old one apart, saw the problem and fixed it pretty easy and it never had an issue for the remainder of the 6 months I had the toilet. Basically the flat rubber seal can roll during assembly and not seal properly.

The problem with the 310 is that wall clearance is often an issue and you don’t want the toilet not sitting level with the floor otherwise you have bigger issues coming.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	A246080C-C2D2-4356-A5D2-6A5B64648BF4.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	97.1 KB
ID:	35122  
NH_Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
toilet