Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 05-27-2021, 07:13 AM   #1
coachbleu

Selling rear patio

I just bought a 2021 Raptor. It came equipped with the rear patio setup (3 seasons doors, morryde steps, and the gate/fence that folds out to surround the patio.

I don’t need or want any of this equipment. Has anyone on here removed and sold this stuff? Do you have any advice for me?
coachbleu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 09:04 AM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

There is a "Classified Section" in the forum. You can post that equipment for sale there. There was some "patio door equipment" for sale recently and about a year ago, there was a "WANTED" ad posted looking for a 3 season door assembly.

You might also consider, if you have storage room at home, keeping it and reinstalling it when you get ready for your next new trailer. While it may not increase the sales price, it surely would be a "deciding factor" for the next buyer whether to choose a comparable model with/without that equipment present.....

Oh, and welcome to the forum.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 09:23 AM   #3
jasin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachbleu View Post
I just bought a 2021 Raptor. It came equipped with the rear patio setup (3 seasons doors, morryde steps, and the gate/fence that folds out to surround the patio.

I don’t need or want any of this equipment. Has anyone on here removed and sold this stuff? Do you have any advice for me?
If it were me I’d store the stuff somewhere...most people change rv’s down the road and if and when you go to sell it the patio may help the sale. I can’t imagine you would get a lot for it selling on classifieds but could definitely hurt the resale value more then what little you get for it.
Old 05-28-2021, 07:16 AM   #4
LewisB

We LOVE our back patio, 3 season doors, and railing! (We don't carry and use the steps.)

You might consider giving them a try before you bail out. If you don't want them, take the doors and railing off and store them for later. A lot of the hardware on ours is "built in" and could not be removed. So, what you would be trying to sell is "selected parts of" the system - the potential buyer would be faced with a lot of fabrication to make your parts work. JMHO
2019 Can Am Maverick Sport XRC - the "Blue Goose"

On YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjc...yZ_w7jyofaPLVQ
LewisB is offline   Reply With Quote