Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 03-22-2021, 05:32 AM   #1
zsulli

2017 Springdale Rear Light Issue

We pulled our camper out last week for the first time this season, and my right rear brake light/turn signal is not working! Running light works, but the second filament in the light bulb is not coming on with the brakes or signal. I pulled the cover on both rear lights and swapped the bulbs. Both light bulbs work fine when plugged into the left side, but the issue is present on the right side with a known working bulb. It appears there are two wires going into the bulb housing, green and black. Looking for suggestions on where to start the troubleshooting. Thanks!
zsulli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 07:15 AM   #2
zsulli

bumping this hoping someone with more knowledge than me sees it and has any suggestions!
Old 04-15-2021, 08:37 AM   #3
flybouy
Site Team

Have you checked the socket with a test light or volt meter? One of two possabilities either the socket is not carriying the current due to corrosion or thyere is no voltage to the socket. If the socket is corroded I'd replace it. The trailer lights are asbout the cheapest things on a traier. Pull the light and check the connections where the wire from the light connects to the trailer's wiring harness.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 09:34 AM   #4
ChuckS

I’d also check pin 6 at your truck and see if you get 12 volts in that pin when right turn signal on.. if so then check wiring on pin 6 of the RV side and make sure it’s connected.

If good then you could use a long piece of jumper wire and MM and ohm out that wire from pin 6 on RV to right turn signal socket pin on the RV
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	C90F8C25-CF6F-49AF-AD01-907C0B909686.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	77.2 KB
ID:	33023  

2007 GMC Classic club cab 4x4 Duramax LBZ
2014 Alpine 3010 RE. 34 foot fifth wheel
ChuckS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 08:58 AM   #5
zsulli

i replaced the fuse in my truck for right trailer brake/turn, and it appeared the old one was burnt out. unfortunately, it didn't fix the issue on the trailer side!
Old 06-17-2021, 10:39 AM   #6
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsulli View Post
i replaced the fuse in my truck for right trailer brake/turn, and it appeared the old one was burnt out. unfortunately, it didn't fix the issue on the trailer side!
You may have a short in the trailer wiring that caused the initial fuse in your truck to blow. You might do some "wiring troubleshooting" and then when you find the short, you'll probably need to replace that blown fuse in the truck again.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light, springdale