Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 10-28-2020, 12:00 PM   #1
Mike&Sandy

Cool parts page

I saw this post on the Winnebago forum, it's a 3d diagram for their RV's. Does anyone know if there is something like this for Keystone?

https://catalog3d.winnebagoind.com/menu/Parts.htm
Mike&Sandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 12:58 PM   #2
JJaxon

WOW, that would be a great customer item for Keystone to publish. Knowing numbers like paint codes, part numbers, tank locations, wire harness, etc makes these a lot less intimidating to work on, or troubleshoot issues.

The argument may arise that they are giving away repair work, but I say, they create more work when an owner hacks something and creates a bigger issue. Some will some won't.

I'd even pay for a detailed set of diagrams and part #s as the apply to My Fuzion 369. You've already got me for tens of thousands, whats a few hundred more? Maybe a pay for digital access or a complete hard copy.

Thanks for posting Mike&Sandy
2018 Honda Goldwing DCT Tour
Andersen Ultimate hitch
Youtube channel - Wingin' it with John
JJaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 09:55 AM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

Seems there's a "catch-22" in that "cool parts page"....

At the very top of the page are two tabs: DEALERS ONLY and OWNERS. The DEALERS ONLY tab goes to a "log in screen" (restricted access) and the OWNERS tab goes to the "Winnebago Owner's Page" (similar to the Keystone Owners Page) with "FAQ's, How-to videos" and links to some "helpful information" but not to any "schematics, paint codes, or other information" pertaining to "towables".... Every link I found on that site was for a motorized unit, not a towable unit....

My guess: Motorized vehicles are regulated differently from non-motorized units. Whether the differences are "federally mandated" or "just good to know" is questionable, but I've never seen anything from Keystone that's even close to this kind of detail. Airstream, Avion and the old Silver Stream/Silver Streak lines did have such "detailed information for the owner"... Airstream still maintains a complete owner's manual with schematics, plumbing diagrams and some "exploded views" that depict how the trailers are assembled. I don't know of any other "towable" line with that kind of detail available to owners. Some will "email you a sheet schematic or plumbing installation diagram" but forget obtaining the "building plans for any towable.... At least that's been what I've found available.

Motorhomes and Trailers are two different breeds of RV and few things are the same other than common components installed in them.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote